two transducers

captain Bob

i have a Bertram sport fisherman with two TZtouch2 displays one with GPS chart /radar overlay and the other dedicated to sonar, with hub 101, smart heading sensor and about to purchase DFF-1 UHD black box with Airmar B275C -LHW-MM transducer. i have bad luck with people advise so i come to the experts! purchase last year a 526TID-LTD/20 after removing B-164 Raymarine that was terrible and no temperature readout. can i hook up both transducers to DFF-1 UHD ? the 526TID-LTD would be a hell of a job to remove and i will make a new penetration 3' back for chirp transducer just wanted to know is that 526 is of any use ? . my wrecks fishing is in 120 ' of water and tuna in 750' of water some big eye at 1000'. what the best option?----------Capt. Bob

Captain Bob,
Since the 526 isn't a Chirp transducer you won't be able to use it with the DFF1-UHD. If it is a pain to remove you try an leave it in since the B275 will have a fairing block. Where on the hull are you thinking of mounting the transducer? Do you have any pictures you could post for us to look ?

Snips

the huge 526 is mounted midships just aft of water tank on 31 Bertram the new chirp 275 will be mounted about 5 feet further back toward transom skipping the engine compartment but forward of custom kevlar shaft log (least agitated water under the boat while on plane) 526 1kw not very good at all for the cost.the plus factor is that it mounts flat on 24 deadrise (good for trailered CC ) but no detail with TZ touch 2 full 12" screen. REZ boast,Accu fish, bottom, discrimination not happening. :thumbdown

so the fact is a DFF1- UFD IS ONLY effective for chirp transducer and no effect on 526 or B-164 1kw type transducer????????

Captain Bob,
It is recommended to use a Chirp transducer with the DFF1-UHD. The UHD has separate HF and LF channels that uses a non diplexed transducer. The internal make up of a B-164 has two wires that go to three common elements that resonate at both 50 and 200Khz. I suppose you could cut the plug off the B-164 and try using it on one frequency but it hasn't been tested nor is it supported.

You mentioned Bottom Discrimination in a previous post. Both the Bottom Discrimination and ACCU-FISH modes in the UHD were built around using the wide and narrow beams of a 265 transducer, not the 275 that has a wide/wide combination.

Snips

wow------glad i posted i was prepared to purchase the B-275-LHW reading into the information available it appeared that the 275 had an advantage over the 265 transducer in water less than 300' deep which is where we do 85% of our fishing. i am taking your word to purchase 265 instead for bottom discrimination, Accu- Fish, and REZ Boost. most important would be ACCU-FISH.
thank you

Captain Bob,
Rez-Boost is not a part of the UHD no matter transducer you select. Both HF beam widths have their advantages, but it really depends on what your fishing needs are. Below are three screen captures that may help seeing the difference between the HF side of the two transducers.

Snips

Attachments

• #14.jpg
    #14.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 1,789
  • #8.jpg
    #8.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 1,789
  • #11.jpg
    #11.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 1,789
i purchase B-265 LH n your word and will purchase DFF-1 UHD in two weeks i will connect 10 pin connector from 526TID-LTD/20 to back of one of the TZtouch two and shut off the transducer output.

Back