TZTouch2 live personal bathymetry maps?

arashi01

Hi

Looking into a TZtouch 2 package (dual 12" TZtouch2 units with DFF-3D, DRS4D-NXT, etc).

Does the TZtouch2 have a live sonar based bathymetry mapping feature, where charts on screen can be updated in real time (equivalent to Navionics SonarChart live / Garmin Quickdraw™ Contours etc)?

The TZT2 does not offer PBG but if you add Nobetec TZ software on a PC it can. I always say there are toys and then there are tools. Good quality PBG isn't as easy as some might want you to think.

Johnny Electron":260vja5r said:
The TZT2 does not offer PBG but if you add Nobetec TZ software on a PC it can. I always say there are toys and then there are tools. Good quality PBG isn't as easy as some might want you to think.

Thanks for the clarification. My area is very poorly covered by existing maps so considering the TimeZero option.

Just to confirm, once PBG data is processed on a PC with TimeZero, is it possible to transfer that data to a TZTouch2 unit for use on the plotter even when the PC is disconnected?

Or can the PBG data only be seen and used on the PC with TimeZero?

Oh, and Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

No, the PBG data is only view-able on the PC with the TZ Pro software. Live and stored PBG is a function of the PC software, not the TZT2. There are C-map bathy charts that are low cost for fishing for the MFDs. In fact C-map fishing charts are now free with the purchase of any C-map wide or megawide, navigation chart purchase (subject to availability). It depends on the area you are concerned with; what the options are. Navionics just released new versions of MM3 charts that have roughly 5 times the file size size, so I expect they include some really good data. If you PM me a Lat/Lon where you are most concerned, I can try to capture you some example charts/options. PBG at this point is only for the PC based software.

Regards
Johnny

Back