Sounder loses bottom when running

T

Tuna Time 13

I recently installed a new tztouch 2 display and have connected a b260 transducer to the display. I have tried the two auto modes and manual mode but cannot seem to hold the bottom when running like I could with my older VX2 with the same transducer.

Any tips that I could try to help?

Good morning Tuna Time 13,

Thank you for your inquiry. Can you provide any photos of the sounder screen when your running at speed? Do you have any photos of the installation of the B260 on your vessel?

Is it a matter of not holding the digital number on the system or is the bottom profile not holding?

C-Bass

I do not have any photos I will get some next time. It is sometimes just the picture of the bottom that is all sound but about 50% of the time the depth just flashes and does not pickup until i slow down or stop. I have had the boat for ten years and it was hooked up to a vx2 display and ETR 6/10. I would lose bottom if i ran it in the auto cruising or fishing mode but worked and always held bottom when running as long as it was in manual mode and i had it set to the appropriate depth and gain.

It is also running in dual mode I asuume that is 50 / 200k i always ran my old one in just 200k unless i was in deep water over 500ft.

Back