Compatibility of NEW flir M-series cameras

Compatibility of NEW flir M-series cameras

Postby flowmotion » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:48 am

Is the new FLIR M232 fully compatible with the TZ touch2? The link in the Furuno "Using FLIR M series" document links to the old FLIR M series. Will Furuno be updating the compatibility list?
flowmotion

Re: Compatibility of NEW flir M-series cameras

Postby Johnny Electron » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:20 am

The only IP video that the Furuno can see is AXIS cameras/video servers. I suppose it might be possible to get some sort of IP video decoder to give you composite to use with the TZT2 but I haven't heard of anyone testing that. Currently we offer no compatibility with any of the IP Video FLIR models. This is something that may change with software in the future.
Johnny Electron
Johnny Electron

Postby flowmotion » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:14 pm

From the FLIR M-series specifications:
Analog Video Output NTSC, 30 Hz or <9 Hz
Analog Video Connector Types F-type BNC with BNC-to-RCA adapter included for video out

I see no IP issues.

Can the TZtouch2 interface to these cameras?
flowmotion

Postby pluggedtheboat » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:14 am

The M232 is an IP camera not an analog video camera. M-series is m625s m625cs m324s m324cs or m618c/s which use analog video signal and Ethernet for control of camera.

M232 is consider an M100/200 camera which video is IP. At this time Furuno displays do not accept FLIR IP cameras. You need to get a ION r100 video decoder to change IP signal to analog. This is the only decoder know to work correctly. The Axis decoder does not work correctly. You will also need to purchase a JCU-3 FLIR part: A80510 . This is needed to control the M232 camera with 3rd party (NON Raymarine Displays) Keep in mind you will lose the Clear Crusie function which highlights targets on screen in yellow.

Thanks
pluggedtheboat

Return to NavNet TZtouch2