Antisense EMU-1

Pleiades

I need some setup help please. I have a twin engine Bertram and have just installed two TZT touch 2 units the vessel has two Actisense EMU that have been converting the analog engine readings to NMEA2000 they are working fine on the existing Simrad equipment however the TZTs only recognise one of these units. Both EMUs show on the data source page but not in the engine and tank setup page.

Thanks

We haven't had any reported problems with the Actisense. I suspect you have the two EMU-1 units on the same instance number. You must insure they are on different instances for a proper NMEA 2000 bus. When they are the same, the Furuno will only see the one engine unit.

Hi Johnny, they are running as different instances and i can see them both in the sensor list as instance 1 and 2 but in the engine and tank manual setup they both show as instance 0 and the port engine is greyed out and cant be selected.

I would recommend ensuring you are running current software and if you are, then open up a support request with your Furuno distributor. If that is Furuno USA, you will find that under our website WWW.FurunoUSA.com - Get Support - Ask a question. You should get a lot a screen shots of your sensor list/settings/and any wiring diagrams of the system.

Ok got it sorted, it appears that even though each unit has a unique ID number and can be set up as different instances on the TZT you still need number the instances squencially in the units themselves. So all the instances on the first EMU need to be 0 and all the instances on the second EMU need to be 1 etc etc.

Thanks for the tip.

Back