Furuno TZTL12 and M260 Transducer

V

Vitz

I had a Furuno 582 sounder connected to an M260 shoot-thru transducer. The 582 screen burned out and i'm thinking of replacing it and my older chartplotter with a TZTL12 and i have a couple of questions.

1. Can i use the M260 for the TZTL12?
2. If so, will the old plug from the M260 plug directly into the TZTL12?
3. If i can reuse the M260, will i get all of the sounder features like RezBoost and Bottom Discrimination?

If it makes a difference, i normally bottom fish in less than 150' of water. Thanks.

Vitz

Good morning Vitz,

Thank you for your inquiry.

1.) Yes the M260 can be used with the TZTL12F.

2.) It depends on the model of your FCV582. The FCV582 used an (8) pin connector plug. The FCV582L used a (10) pin connector plug. The TZTL12F uses a (10) pin connector plug. Please take a look at the transducer connector plug, it is a (10) pin then you are good to go. If it is an (8) pin you will need an (8) pin to (10) pin adapter cable: Furuno Part Number: AIR-033-204

3.) If you set up the transducer manually then the options for Rezboost and Bottom Discrimination will be available. However, the transducer itself is not on the approved list to use those features. The approved transducers for bottom discrimination have been calibrated to use with that feature. The M260 shoot through the hull has not been calibrated or approved so the results of the bottom may not be accurate.

Kind Regards,
C-Bass

Thanks for the quick reply.

My thought process was to initially try to re-use my old M260 and see if i like the results. It'll save me a good chunk of change. Is there anything special i should do in setting up the MFD to maximize my sonar results?

Back