Power Cord

BReceski

Just bought a TZ touch 2 . Looking at the power cord, what wires go to where? Never had a power cord where the outside was wrapped with wire like a coax cable. Can some one shed some light on this.
Thanks,
Bill

Good morning BReceski,

Thank you for your inquiry. The power cable that comes with the TZT2 unit should be about 3.5 meters in length. The outer sheath could be black or grey. If you carefully remove outer material you will find (2) wires inside that also have a coating on them. Those colors will be Black and White. Black is negative, white is positive.

Thank you. So all I have to do is carefully expose the 2 inner wires and nothing needs to be done with in coating around them? Just hook the black to negative and white to positive and put a heat shrink around the whole cable end? I see there is one more ground coming off the back of the unit. This just needs to go to my ground bar?

Thank you for the reply.

Bill

Good monring BReceski,

Thank you for your followup. Please see the photos below of a power cable similar to the one you have. Heat shrink and shrink to fit terminal connectors are always also a great way to insure proper termination into to your breaker panel. The grounding stud is used to connect the your TZT2 product to the vessels earth if you have one.

IMG_8734.JPG
IMG_8735.JPG
IMG_8736.JPG
IMG_8737.JPG
IMG_8738.JPG

Back