Vector chart and Abacos waypoint showing on land

I've been adding waypoints for the Abacos and when I added the waypoint for Steve Dodges Guide to Crusing the Abacos for Hopetown and White Sound, it is showing on land. This makes me wonder if the chart is off and by how much for other waypoints.

This is the waypoint from the guide for Hopetown that show up on land:
N26 32.608 W76 58.063 and the other is for White Sound
N26 31.130 W76 58.870

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks.

The plotter can display Lat/Lon in different formats. ie. DDD.MM.MMM DDD.MM.SS.SS, DDD.DDDDDDD. I suspect you are inputting a format that your don't have your plotter setup for. MapMedia has been using MM3 charts for 10 years and I think if it was a true error we would have heard of it. If you find a chart error please open a support case and provide photos and information so it might be investigated.

Could it be that it's off since I have not bought the Bahamas map and just using the free map that came with the MFD? I'll try to get a pic on the weekend.

Thanks.

Johnny Electron":1mgbifue said:
The plotter can display Lat/Lon in different formats. ie. DDD.MM.MMM DDD.MM.SS.SS, DDD.DDDDDDD. I suspect you are inputting a format that your don't have your plotter setup for. MapMedia has been using MM3 charts for 10 years and I think if it was a true error we would have heard of it. If you find a chart error please open a support case and provide photos and information so it might be investigated.

Absolutely!
The free charts do not cover the Bahamas in any usable scale.
If you like Steve Dodge Explorer charts I suggest you get an unlock for MM3-R01-P00 which is the Explorer raster chart pack for the Bahamas.

Thank you Melville. Where exactly can you purchase an unlock for this chart?

Melville":26z0h6o2 said:
Absolutely!
The free charts do not cover the Bahamas in any usable scale.
If you like Steve Dodge Explorer charts I suggest you get an unlock for MM3-R01-P00 which is the Explorer raster chart pack for the Bahamas.

Any authorized Furuno Dealer or reseller can order an unlock code. All you will need is to give them is your chart master ID number and an email address. You will be sent the code.

Great,thank you.

Melville":3dqst5vs said:
Any authorized Furuno Dealer or reseller can order an unlock code. All you will need is to give them is your chart master ID number and an email address. You will be sent the code.

Back