Transducer Help

A

Anonymous

Just upgraded to TZTOUCH 2 form NAVNET VXII . Tried to utilize my AIRMAR B260 transducer directly into the new TZTOUCH2 however it will not read. Is there a setting that I am missing ? I thought this transducer was compatible without a box, anyone know if that is true?

Good morning ssflreps,

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, some versions of the Airmar B260 are compatible. Some B260 transducers do not come with a plug on the end and have bare wires. Those transducers are still compatible but require a matching box MB1100. So assuming you have a B260 with a 10 pin plug it should be compatible with the TZT2 product line. Please go to the Sounder Initial Setup Menu:

1.) What is the source for the sounder? You will to choose the "fish finder source" in this menu. You would choose the TZTL12f or TZTL15F depending on what display you have selected.
2.) Next go to the Transducer Setup Menu and choose "Transducer Setup Type." Because we don't know what version of B260 you are using select "Model" and then choose "526T-HDD."
3.) Go back to the "sounder initial setup menu." Next select "transmission power" you want to set this to "10."
4.) Next scroll down and select "sounder transmit." Turn this on and the fish finder should be transmitting.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind Regards,

c-Bass

Back