Yanmar Engine Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheakx

Furuno Super Fan
I have 2 questions relative to displaying Yanmar engine data.

1) I am able to display RPM, Engine Temp, Alternator Potential, and Fuel Rate but I can't get the Oil Pressure to display. It does display on the NMEA 2000 Yanmar display. Do you know why this might be happening?

2) When I try to reconfigure the TZT2 display I lose some of the inputs like fuel rate (changes to date/time). There doesn't appear to be a selection to manually set these up so I have to start all over and not touch certain displays. Is there a way to manually choose the engine parameters sent to display. The choices don't seem to offer Engine parameter items.

Thanks ... Kevin

Problem 1 sounds like you are running old software. What version of software are you using in your TZT2?

Problem 2 is either old software or operator error. I could not duplicate your problem with editing the engine screens/displays.

Can you please verify the software version for the TZT2 under MENU - SETTINGS - INITAL SETUP - SENSOR LIST?

I'm running Version 5.03. To duplicate item 2, try changing fuel rate to a graphic. Could there be a cache issue from the update to 5.03?

I had no problems switching to a graphical gage and then back to a digital gage. The key is there is no graphical option for Fuel rate. That isn't a bug; it isn't available. If I edit the gage type to graphical, I agree it changes to date and time. This is default because it doesn't know what graphic option you want. Pick from the list. You will note that there is no graphical fuel rate option in the list. I had no problem editing the type back to digital (now digital date and time) and then changing that digital gage back to fuel rate.
Not all digital items have graphical versions and vice versa.

I can not explain why you don't have oil pressure showing. Since we have had no other reports of this, I would expect that it is a PGN format problem related to Yanmar. For this I recommend you open an official support case with your local distributor.
If that is Furuno USA (http://www.FurunoUSA.com), then under "Get Support" - "Ask a question".

I am aware of the problem you speak of. I was involved in it's resolution. That was with v4.xx. That is old software and old information. v5.03 can show oil pressure even if the oil temp value is invalid. There should NEVER be a blank field in a proper PGN. There needs to be a place holder. I ran a test this morning and oil pressure displays correctly. Please open an official support case with your distributor so that we might help in greater detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back