DFF-3D Setup

JimS

I just bought a new system with the following components:
TZTouch 2 12"
DFF3D black box
165T B54 Transducer

I followed the instructions and Wired the transducer to the DFF3D according to the diagram in the interconnection diagram page in the manual and the cover of the DFF3D itself.
I connected the motion sensor from the transducer to the DFF3D
I connected the ethernet cable from the TZTouch to the DFF3D
I hooked up the power cables to the TZTouch and to the DFF3D

I powered up the system. The light on the DFF3D flashes, The TZTouch started up.
The GPS seems to work just fine.
The sonar didn't work- blank screen, standby mode
I looked in the manual it tells me to go to the home screen->Settings->Multibeam Sonar
There is no "Multibeam Sonar" on the Settings Menu

I found the option to select a transducer which was set to TZTouch 2 and changed it to DFF3d.
I took it out of standby mode to transmit - Blank Screen, although oddly it displayed the depth as 12 feet which is correct.
I adjusted the gain, no change

I then shut it down and connected my 50/200 transducer to the transducer plug and powered up the system. When I change the selection to select the TZTouch 2 transducer it works fine in that mode.
Switching back to DFF3d and again, blank screen, only the depth shows. No water temp either.

I put my ear up to the transducer and I can hear it ticking.

I also connected it to my WiFi network and had it connect and then look for software updates. It said the software is up to date.

Also, the transducer cable has a tag with the colors of the wires and numbers on each line.
These numbers/colors do not correspond to the wiring diagram in the interconnection diagram.

That's about all I can think of to tell you.

My questions are:
Why does "Multibeam Sonar" not appear in the Settings Menu?
Why doesn't the 3D sonar work?

I was very excited when the package arrived but now I'm somewhat frustrated.
Please help!

Thanks,
Jim

Jim-
The software level for the TZT2 needs to be at 5.02. I'm surprised the dealer that sold the system to you did not verify it.
Because this software contains a full OS update it is not available through an internet download. However it is available on our website along with complete instructions on how to do it.
Go to www.furunousa.com and the TZTL12F product page. There you will find a tab for software.

I do apologize for the confusion and frustration. If you have any issues please contact our technical support department and they can talk you through the procedure.

Back