Updated to 5.02 and now can't see vector charts

drewc228

Just downloaded and performed update to 5.02 and can't seem to find vector charts I was using just prior to update. I am on US West Coast and in San Francisco specifically. I don't recall doing anything specific to enable the vector charts to appear (how do I toggle back and forth?) but they were there on first and subsequent boot-up. Is there some initial setup or setting that I may have lost to get those charts available once again? Thanks.

EDIT: Well, after several cycles of powering off and on, I waited 12 hours and powered back on -- and all now seems to be operating as expected. I once again have all of the charts and my sounder also is back with the correct behavior (it, too, went south after the update, but now seems to be working correctly.)

drewc228,
Thank you for the inquiry.
All TZT2 units have multiple possible chart selections.
When displaying the chart screen a swipe UP from the bottom of the screen displays the Layers menu.

In the upper left hand column of this menu, in the CHART section; the "AUTO" selection allows the unit to select what it perceives to be the best chart format based on the available charts, the current geographic. & the current range scale.

It is possible that after the software update the CHART selection was set to Auto rather than Vector & as such the unit was choosing to display a different chart format.

Back