TZtouch2 with ACCU-FISH

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheakx

Furuno Super Fan
I have a 12" TZtouch2 with an FUR525T-LTD-12 transducer and a DST800 transducer. I believe that the fish finder is using the FUR525T transducer but not certain (its just showing source as the TZT but theoretically, that could be using the DST800. I can't seem to get ACCU-FISH to show fish symbols. Not sure what the problem is. Do I need to disconnect the DST800? Does the FUR525T work with ACCU-FISH? I'm normally working in 20 - 40 feet of water. Is there a better transducer for this? I really don't use bottom discrimination. Thanks...

Thank you for the inquiry.
First ensure that you have properly configured the transducer on the TZTL12F itself.
Home---Settings----Sounder----Transducer setup----Model-----525T-LTD/12.
Secondly, ensure that you have selected to turned the Accu-fish functionality on.
Home---Settings-----Sounder---- Accu-Fish Symbols---- Striped or Solid.
Home---Settings----Sounder------Accu-Fish Info-----Depth or Size.

Finally, the DST800 transducer can/could be set as the source of depth, STW (speed thru water. and SST (sea surface temperature). However these settings are not related to the accu-fish functionality. It provides pieces of DIGITAL INFORMATION that are on the NMEA2000 network that can/could be displayed in your data boxes on your TZTL12F , or FI70 repeater gauges and such.
Home----Settings-----Initial setup----Data Source----Depth----> (DST800 should appear in drop down box--select).
Home----Settings----Initial setup----Data Source---SST----> (DST800 should appear in drop down box---select)

The DST800 is a NMEA smart transducer and not a sounding transducer. It will work as flatline has said for digital depth and temp but not your sounder picture. It sounds like your sounder is using what you call the FUR525T-LTD-12 transducer; we call that the 525T-LTD/12. It should work fine for both accu-fish and Bottom discrimination. We have been notified that when version 5.02 software introduced it stopped showing accu-fish when using the TZT2 internal sounder. (no problem when using DFF1 or external network sounder) This will be fixed with the next software release, planned to release in the USA in about two weeks.

I had everything set up per Flatline's reply and I am running version 4.01. I am using the internal sounder. The sounder works just fine but won't show fish symbols. Based on this, can I assume the transducer is not the problem? What else might be the problem?

With 4.01 software it should be working. It might be the depth you are running depths beyond or below the features ability. Accu-fish is rated for 16 to 325 feet. It also could be there are no fish targets at the time of testing.

Hi. Just purchased my TZTouch2 and am very pleased with the quick setup. I would like to initially use my existing depth sensor - an Airmar 50019 generic transducer, 200 kHz, 7 Pin, Bronze Depth, Speed, Temp. Other than matching the 7-pin to the Furuno 10-pin, are there other considerations or issues with using this setup? Thanks!

Your question is posted off topic. Please contact Furuno support with the full Airmar part number and we can check on compatibility options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back