flashing yellow message at top of screen

jimalmond

how to remove flashing yellow message saying port engine requires standard maintenance and starboard engine requires standard maintenance..engines do not need 100 hr service for another 65hours. thought i had it off but when rebooted it was back again

thanks jim

Good morning Jimalmond,

Thank you for your inquiry. Can I ask some followup questions, what is the engine or genset manufacturer on your vessel?

Do you have a list of PGN's that the engine manufacturer outputs?

The TZT2's receive the engine PGN's and display the information. We need to find out if this maintenance warning is being output in a PGN from the engine.

C-Bass

they are yamaha 2010 f250 four stoke engines..i update the tz 2 and when i went to turn it on it came up with those meassages.. im no where near the normal 100 hour service and thought i had reset it but when i turned it back on it came back up

Good morning JimAlmond,

After updating the unit did you perform a master reset? If you did not that is what i would recommend. First you will want to back up all your waypoints, routes and tracks that you want to save. Don't worry it is an easy process, next I recommend you give our tech support line a call or your local Furuno dealer. They can either perform the reset for you or walk you through it on the phone.

C-Bass

I am having a similar issue when updating my tz touch 2’s.

I went from older software to v6.26 and added the cmor maps. The mapping works great but now have a flashing yellow warning at the top of both screens indicating false engine shut down, unknown and throttle malfunction.

This never took place prior to the update. I was not using v6.21 and did not have the Yamaha data which mimics a command link plus gauge. Just standard data in the Furuno.

I still can’t access the Yamaha data page. Is there anyway to shut the warning off?

I am having a similar issue when updating my tz touch 2’s.

I went from older software to v6.26 and added the cmor maps. The mapping works great but now have a flashing yellow warning at the top of both screens indicating false engine shut down, unknown and throttle malfunction.

This never took place prior to the update. I was not using v6.21 and did not have the Yamaha data which mimics a command link plus gauge. Just standard data in the Furuno.

I still can’t access the Yamaha data page. Is there anyway to shut the warning off?

The other cases we investigated on the forum showed the lack of proper Yamaha interface. In several cases users purchased a low cost cable that tied the Yamaha bus directly to NMEA 2000 that is NOT allowed. It creates a ton of errors especially with the newer software that supports many more Yamaha error codes. What is the part number off the Yamaha interface used in your installation? We currently have no Yamaha customers running 6.26 with this problem. I suspect you have an interfacing problem or a bad interface.

I have ordered the new interface. Hopefully it works. If not, is there a way to go back to my old software?

Strange that the old interface communicates with every other MFD perfectly but not my TZ touch and now I need to spend another $300 to replace a perfectly fine interface because there is a yellow warning flashing after doing an update.

Why didn't this happen before the update if this is a Yamaha issue? :? :huh

By the way you still have pictures of the wrong interface all over your website:
https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/sites ... erface.pdf

This is a big difference between an AUTOPILOT interface and an ENGINE interface. They are not the same. If you have the right interface, I wouldn't go out and buy another because the problem is most likely something else. Are you interfacing a helm master system or an engine?

The first link shown, that connects directly, is definitely WRONG. (You are correct)

The TZT2 engine interface requirements are outlined on our website in the following document.
https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/sites ... mation.pdf

The interface model called for engine interfacing is 6YG-8A2D0-00
I found it several places on the web searching for the part number... here are a few examples:
https://www.simyamaha.com/Yamaha_Gatewa ... -00kit.htm
https://www.imarineusa.com/Yamaha6YG-8A2D0-00-00.aspx

The part number of your second posted item isn't what is called for, but I found the correct one from the same vendor. The vendor looks to be using the same photo for a lot of their products. The correct part is important. Keep in mind the discussion of this post is engine interface not autopilot interface which uses an entirely different Yamaha product/interface.

https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/6YG-8A2D0-00-00

The Yamaha gateway in your autopilot installation is the older gateway. So if you installed a complete TZ Touch system and autopilot it works great, until Furuno released an update for the Yamaha screen on the MFD which requires a completely different gateway, and now your SOL. Go spend another $300.00.

Please answer this:
If the gateway does not work, is there anyway to get rid of the yellow flashing and use CMOR maps or do I have to eat the $700 and reinstall the older software to get rid of the yellow flashing?

Are you running 6.26 software?
What is the interface you have (Part Number)?
What are you interfacing Yamaha Helm Master or Yamaha Engine?

Yes, 6.26 software. The update and install of the CMOR maps was done by a Furuno dealer.

Part No. 6Y98AD020 - Yamaha Gateway - communicates with NMEA network and Tz Touch still reads all data fine, as it did before the updates.

I just purchased 6YG-8A2D0-00-00 to fix the yellow warning light. I don't even care about the Yamaha gauge on the screen, just wanted the CMOR maps.

Interfacing two command link plus motors. No helm master.

Using the 6YG-8A2D0-00-00 fix the issue with the alarms/yellow warning? If not, I recommend you contact the service manager at Furuno USA. He is really good about getting to the bottom of any mysteries. The CMOR maps are cool. It will be nice when map media gets all of them available. It seems like one is coming out about every two months.

I am having the same issue and wanted to see if there is an update on this topic. My TZ Touch 2 is installed with twin Yamaha F250s. I have the correct yamaha interface gateway. In fact when the installer installed it we had a problem with an older gateway and he purchased the newest one (Jan 2021). The message came up at exactly 450 hours for each engine (1 hour apart) so I believe the code is correctly being read by the furuno. I reset the maintenance interval back to zero on the yamaha gauges. It seems like to should be some way to clear these codes other than having to connect the yamaha diagnostics software to the motor. AT minimum I would suggest Furuno at least add an ability to clear the alert temporarily (per session?) or move it to a less prominant location. The current indicator is really obnoxious when you are 50 miles offshore and have no ability to do anything about it until you get home. Any help here?

Have you tried the resets under Initial setup - Yamaha Engine Setup - Trip and Maintenance? They are the only resets we have under agreement with Yamaha. If alarm is coming from the engines, it has to be reset/stopped there. If you touch the alarm bar at the top it doesn't stop? Is the setting under HOME- SETTINGS - ALARM - "Sound Alarm Until Acknowledged" turned ON? It could be that by the time you acknowledge the alarm the engines send another alarm code.

Back