FA170 NavNet to TZT2 Issues

A

Anonymous

Hi,
I have a new electronics packages and am having trouble getting the TZT2 to connect via ethernet to the FA170. Hoping this group can help.
My current setup is I have both connected into a Tlink Ethernet switch with standard (not Xover) cables and they have all the activity lights but won't find each other. Both are on a 172. IP address range. The FA170 is accessible via a computer on that address (I haven't actually tried to access the TZT2 but it does show on the network.
Is there a specific way I tell them about each other, the instructions don't say much.

One odd thing is the FA170 manual says in the settings menu there is something about the type of network but my settings menu is grey'ed out and can't be used. I have the unlock code to do things like set own ship settings/mmsi but unlocking the FA170 doesn't show that menu.

Any thoughts or ideas would be great, I have my radios connected via NMEA2000 but was hoping to have full integration with the FA170 as well.

Thanks
Arthur

Yes if you connect the FA170 by network you must put it into a special NavNet mode. Because this is an IMO product that requires special passwords you should contact your selling dealer.

Back