Chart update TZTouch2

AndyGrady

I tried using a USB to update the chart to a newer version of the chart and it wouldn't work.

I called Furuno and spoke to support who advised you can't use a USB to update the chart if you have version 4.1 of the software installed. You have to use the map SD card which is already installed in the unit.

Steps I followed which worked

1. Go to Mapmedia home page http://www.mapmedia.com and click on TimeZero (.mm3d) Catalogue
2. A world map will appear, move the map by dragging it with the cursor (hold down the left mouse button, and use the hand to drag the map in any direction). Go to the location where you want to see what maps are available. In my case it was maps for Australia.
3. Under Select Chart choose the map type - in my case it was Vector Charts
4. Choose the Manufacturer - in my case it was Jeppesen
5. Choose your map size - in my case it was Wide
6. Click on Display Available Charts
7. A Select Chart list will appear next to the map. Hover your cursor over the map and the available map regions will be highlighted (change colour). The map name will also be highlighted when your mouse is hovered over the region on the map. Visa versa if you highlight the name, the region on the map will be highlighted. Click on the one you want.
8. The download options will appear
9. Download the chart you want to your computer.
10. THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT - once downloaded you need to right click your mouse and then click on extract files - IF YOU DON'T EXTRACT THE FILE IT WILL NOT WORK.
11. IMPORTANT - once the file has been extracted, copy the extracted file to the map card that is already in your unit. TURN THE UNIT OFF BEFORE REMOVING THE CARD. You will need to use a high quality card reader, I used an older one and it didn't work. I purchased a Digitech XC4757 which reads SDXC cards and it worked perfectly. I set up a separate directory on the card and named it Australia for my purposes before I copied the file to that directory.
11. WITH THE UNIT SWITCHED OFF - insert the SD card back into the card slot on the back of the unit.
12. Start the TZTouch2 and the map upgrade will now be visible, but unusable. You need to purchase a licence for the map, and you will be issued with an unlock code.
13. To enter the unlock code, click on HOME then select CATALOG and a list of catalogues will appear. Click on INSERT CODE and enter the code you have been given.
14. Swipe from the bottom of the screen and the layers menu will appear, you can select your chart, and adjust options to your preferences.
14. That's it - all good to go!

Charts always read from the memory inserted for the TZT and TZT2. They don't have any internal storage like the NN3D had. For the TZT2, the memory card provided by Furuno USA is at the back of the machine but charts can also be read from any inserted USB as long as the chart unzipped. I am glad to hear you got fixed up. :jump

I have dowloaded the new charts for the region i need and i now have it under the section "available for purchase" under charts catalog, how do i purchase them and get the unlock code?

Ultra Vires-
Unlock codes are purchased through Furuno authorized dealers. They would need your Chart Master ID and the chart number you wish to unlock. An unlock code will be issued and emailed to you, the dealer, or both.

Thank you

I managed to find a dealer where to buy them from.

I do have another problem:

Randomly, my center vessel doesn't work; as well as my COG & Heading vectors.

The center vessel, im not sure what went wrong, when you press it on the top right hand corner, nothing happens.

Then my COG & heading vector lines dont show, they are both turned on?

These problems are new and im not sure what changed that could cause this problem, can it be something to do with the master chart?

Kind regards

Andrew

It would not be related to not having a chart master. Every system should have a chart master though. It sounds like the system hasn't been properly configured/setup. I would recommend you contact your installing dealer.

The manual says we can go to mapmedia.com to get new charts. I can find no way to buy them there. It appears from an earlier post that you need to go to an authorized dealer to purchase the unlock codes? Do I still download them from mapmedia.com first and then purchase the codes from someone else?
I have a new TZT2 12.
Also I see in the chart catalog that the charts I want are in a section that says they are "Available" but they have a locked icon on them (the Bahamas Explorer charts). Does this mean they are already on the card and just need to be unlocked or do I need to put them on the card?

Thanks,
Jim

Yes contact your dealer to purchase chart codes. When you receive the code(s) it will also have a download link that you can use to download the chart you just purchased the licence for. If the chart in question is a C-map chart, you can also purchase licences from C-map.

You can either wait for the licence code(s) and use the provided link (which takes you to the mapmedia file) to download the needed file OR You can get an advanced jump on it and download early and install the map from MapMedia as you wait for the code from your dealer. As you found, you can not buy codes directly from MapMedia.

In your case, you are correct. Furuno USA pre-loads that chart, (many are preloaded) so you only need the code to have yours available in the machine. That makes it even easier.

How can I find out what chart update version I have on my system?

Is there somewhere in the menu structure that tells me?

Thanks.

It is always best not to highjack older forum threads for which you are not the original poster.

The version of the chart is always the last two digits of the chart reference number shown in your chart catalog. The center of the chart catalog of the TZT2 also provides a dedicated column showing the version of each chart loaded.

Back