Transfer waypoints from NavnetII to TZtouchII

Bear13

Mt old boat had the older Furuno NAVNET2 system. My new boat had just got installed a TZtouch2 system. I have my old waypoints backed up to SD card and need to transfer them over to my new TZtouch2 system. How can I do that? Can I transfer those waypoints to the Micro SD card and upload or is their a different procedure?

Page 8-6 (para 8.8); if you get stuck tech support can normally help talk you through the process. (410-479-4420 or 360-834-9300)

Bear, I was in the same situation and I purchased a program from Sea Marks by Andren. (321)725-4115. You can call Carl who owns the company and download his software. He is always a phone call away and helps with all questions. Once you put your numbers in the seamark program you can transfer them to go into all manufacturers units. Again Carl is a phone call away versus the free service from the UK which limits the amount of waypoints. It was seamless going from the VX2 to TZ touch 2. I even gave my numbers to buddies with Raymarine.

if you have new numbers on your tz touch 2 units transfer them onto a card and install into the sea marks program to merge with the numbers from your vx 2 units then install into the tz touch 2 units. Always delete all gps waypoints from each TZ touch 2 before adding or you will have all doubles. If you have multiple TZ touch 2 units delete from "Each unit" one after the other even when the second unit shows zero waypoints. They are still hidden inside and you'll get doubles. Always call Furuno tech and they will help you out. I think they know me by first name by now.

The datum refers to how the charts were done originally. All the Furuno units follow the WGS-84 standard. It would be rare to have points in another format.

Back