Loss of route line, ship's location

ramatuska

We are currently cruising Rideau Waterway, using SDVJNAM026MAP14.DBV on both TZT2 and laptop using Max Sea Navigator 3.1.

When zooming in below 1.3 sm, 1st lose route. Zooming in closer ship's icon also lost. On the Max Sea, zoom down to yards and all is still good. This was not a problem a few weeks ago when in Montreal.

2nd problem is installed routes disappear. I have to re-import my routes. This has happened several times this week.

Ver 5.02 installed a few weeks ago to resolve a route sync problem between Max Sea and TZT2

It sounds like the unit wasn't factory cleared after programming to 5.02.
I would recommend backup of your data and factory clearing the machine, then restore your data. Review your waypoints and routes for any duplication which can be a problem for the TZT2.

Found nothing in eGuide about "factory clear", please explain. And why would this issue be observed on only this section of chart.

Note chart detail is OK, only user data disappears when zoomed in; active captain, route I am following, and last ship's own icon.

I recommend a reset after programming to clear all the buffers. You will find some reset instructions at the following forum thread.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2996&p=10653&hilit=factory+reset+tzt2#p10643

We haven't been getting reports of the problems you are seeing so I hope a reset will fix you up. If not, I would recommend not restoring you existing user points/routes and do some testing prior to adding your data. It could be that you have some bad user data or duplication. When using PC software you must be careful not to create duplicate waypoints and routes within your TZT2. Duplicates of the same name locations etc wont been seen because they stack on top of each other but will drive the TZT2 crazy. The TZT2 allows for merging of data so when moving points back and forth with your PC, you must be careful.

Back