Transducer for TZtouch2

Bear13

I am going to purchase a TZ touch2 system for my boat a 29 Topaz. I fish anywhere from inshore to the canyons here in the northeast, Jersey. Majority of my fishing is midshore to the canyon. However I do a fair bit of inshore fishing including wreck fishing.

I am unsure about which transducer to get. One that was recommended is the furuno B265LH Thru hull chirp ducer. However, I am not certain it covers all the applications I fish. I would like to be able to read down to 2000 feet for deep dropping on occasion I am not certain the B265 gets me that deep. Researching on the web get real confusing. Anyone can lay out the skinny on the details to clear this up for me? I am open to getting two ducer if that is needed.

The TZtouch 2 built in sounder is not CHIRP, but does feature RezBoost. The best transducer for your needs would be our 526TID-HDD, which is our part number for the Airmar B260. This transducer will also enable you to use the bottom discrimination feature.

While you should be able to mark bottom I doubt you will be able to mark fish at those depths. For that I would recommend adding a DFF3 with a 2kW or 3kW transducer.

Thank you Melville. Very much appreciated. Can you expand a little on why you recommend 526TID-HDD over the chirp ducer B265LH and its module? I dont mind buying the module if its the better setup for fishing. I would even do two ducers of that was the best setup. Cna you explain the difference of functionality among the two.

Or is the 526 better for fishing?

Like I mentioned I fish everywhere from 100' to the canyons.

Bear13-
I recommended what would be the best transducer for the internal TZT2 sounder. Since this is not a CHIRP sounder I did not feel the B265LH would be advantageous as you would not be able to utilize all the features.
However with that said, if you are going to add the DFF1-UHD then by all means the B265LH is the way to go. Having both sounders, internal and external, is possible with the system and you can choose which one to use for any particular needs.

I'm also putting in a TZT2 and would like your thought on using your part 526TID-LTD/12 (airmar b164)? Any advice would be helpful. I'm fishing mostly 300' and under along with offshore tuna.

Thanks,

Back