Nav stops when arriving at a point...but Im bottom fishing

A

Anonymous

I "Go To" a fishing point and navigation stops because I arrived at the point. How do set up my TZ2 to have the point remain while I am trying to position the boat over the point for bottom fishing?

Also, any other suggestions for settings for bottom fishing?

Thanks,
Nick

furuno furme,
That is a good question. The TZT2 routes and Go-To operations just simply navigate you to your waypoint. Once you have reached that waypoint, then either the navigation will switch to the next waypoint in the route, or end navigation.

What you are thinking about is what's called a digital anchor system, which uses a GPS signal to keep you in a single location. Keep in mind these systems can be very intricate, as they would need to have full control of your engines and rudder/outboards direction.

However, finding and installing a digital anchor system can be costly. But if you have a Navpilot 711C installed on your boat, then you can use "Sabiki" mode to help keep you in a location for bottom fishing as well. This may require a little more attention to your location (unlike a digital anchoring system where you can set and forget) on the chart plotter, but definitely an option if you have the 711C pilot. Here is a link to a video displaying what the 711C "Sabiki" mode can do. I highly recommend watching the video to see if it will be a viable option for your application. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMEWlDw2TQY

DB Cooper,

We don't need any help holding the boat on a spot. It would however be helpful if the plotter on the TZtouch 2 system would not assume that we wish to stop navigation just because we arrived at a preset waypoint. What we are asking is if there is a setting that would continue navigation? I.e. not cancel the selected waypoint just because we have arrived there. That would help us maintain the boat or return to the spot when pushed off by wind/current. Thank you.

Look at para 5.11.5 Waypoint Switching Mode in the manual. The manual does not say that it can be turned off. It just says you can adjust how to the size of the switching circle radius and how your arrival is determined. Ill have to look at the route settings to see if it can be turned off. However, the manual says it is automatic according to the settings.

You should be navigating to a point and not the "Go To" cursor or route.
If you change your arrival zone to the circle and line feature and the distance to 0 the point will not disappear and your navigation screen will remain.

Back