Boat crooked on Heading line

syrupdawg

On my system the boat runs slightly sideways on the heading line when I have the autopilot engaged. I know it has to be a simple adjustment somewhere in it but its causing the autopilot to fight itself some while I'm using it. Its only off by maybe 2 or 3 degrees but I just want to get it right. Thank you

syrupdawg,
What do you mean by the pilot is fighting itself? Is the boat snake waking?
Also does the issue only happen when the pilot is in auto mode or does it happen when navigating through a route as well?

It does not do it in auto mode on a set heading but if I engage it on the tzt2 to navigate to a waypoint it does. It's like it will straighten out but then senses it's a couple degrees off so it turns slightly, then repeats. Its not bad by any means. It has to be an adjustment somewhere

One thing to pay close attention to is your COG vs your HEADING.
When you navigate a route, and allow the pilot to have control, take a look at your COG and HEADING readouts. They should displaying, or fairly close to displaying the same value. They shouldn't be more than 10-15 degrees off.
If your HEADING and COG are way off, then I would recommend to perform another compass calibration.

What pilot do you have installed? Navpilot 700?
Also what HEADING compass are you using? PG700?

Back