Heading lost on TZT2 15F

Nick

Furuno Super Fan
Have Furuno equipment installed on board. Two TZT2 15F, Navpilot 711c, DST200, three FI70, AISFA170 and DRS open array radar, 4 KW I think. All lan units connected over hub101. Navpulot using NMEA0183 HS compass, then inject heading into the n2k for radar overlay. Everything works fine, when the upper MFD isn't turned on but when I turn it on, alarm signals beeps with the message "heading lost". Heading is available on other N2K units but not on both MFD'S. MFD on flybridge is connected with lan cable only. MFD down, in wheelhouse is a chart master, and have transducer and N2K connected. When the flybridge MFD turned off, everything back to normal?
Do You have some advice?
Nick

Nick,
Both TZT2 units need to be connected to the same network and also both units must be connected to the same NMEA 2000 backbone. so connect the fly bridge TZT2 to the canbus and see if you still get the alarm.

Also, why not use the PG700 fluxgate compass that came with the Navpilot 700? The PG700 is a NMEA2000 device and just hooks up into a drop from your backbone and then the pilot and MFD's will have a good heading source? Any particular reason why you are using an 0183 compass vs the PG700?

Thanks, for PG700, I don't know, eqipment arrived without PG700. I will connect flybridge MFD to N2K, then we will see. Thanks.

DB Cooper, You were right, when I connected flybridge MFD to N2K there is no more alarms, it seems all is ok. These days we are going to make seatrial. Thanks a lot for advice.

And also, one question,

I tried simple goto function, then MFD asked me do I want to engage the autopilot, I confirmed, but the autopilot not recognised command from MFD. I think that I configured MFD PGN's correctly. Do You know what I missed?

Thanks
Nick

As I remembered, XTE, Navigation and WP/Route information. Maybe something in autopilot must be turned on also?

Nick,
Make sure the following PGN Outputs are turned on:
129025 Position, Rapid Update
129026 COG and SOG
129029 GNSS Position Data
129283 Cross Track Error
129284 Navigation Data
129285 Navigation - Route/WP Information

DB Cooper":3mbcwucv said:
Nick,
Make sure the following PGN Outputs are turned on:
129025 Position, Rapid Update
129026 COG and SOG
129029 GNSS Position Data
129283 Cross Track Error
129284 Navigation Data
129285 Navigation - Route/WP Information

Thank You for advice again, but only last three PGN's mentioned in manual (as I remembered)? I don't understand this, why they didn't put this?

Nick

Back