Initial install TZT2 questions

A

Anonymous

I recently installed a full system to include the TZT2 12" display. Everything appears to be up and running and the TZT2 is recognizing all the separate components via the network and NEMA hub. The unit came with Version 2 software so I performed the upgrade as per Furuno instruction to Version 4.01. The upgrade seemed to work since I can go into the system self check and it displays Version 4.01. Funny though that when I connect to a network to check for upgrades it says I'm up to date with Version 2.0.

The other issue I'm having is just trying to set the correct date and time. I set the UTC time but the date keeps coming up to Jun 1, 2016 and the time is off too. I can't find a place to set the date.

Also, why are the browser selections grayed out?

Thanks.

Yeagar,

A) In order to up the unit's software version from V.2.0 to V.4.01 you must do it via an SD Card, You cannot do it through the Wi-Fi network. You can only upgrade the Unit's Apps and Charts through Wi-Fi. Once the system is upgraded to the latest version, be sure to do a complete re-boot of the unit.

B) Date and Time are set by the unit's Internal GPS Antenna, or (if connected) GP330B External GPS Antenna. If it's not correct, check the status of your GPS connection.

C) The reason the browser selections are grayed out, (FAX30, FA30, FA50) is that these units must be connected for these features to be utilized by the system.

Deep Blue - ;)

But if the internal check says you're at 4.xx then why would the internet check come back saying you're at 2.0.

I am having the same issue with date & time. I try to change the time to the correct offset of UTC and it doesn't stick. The date shows June 1 2016.

The version 2 was the last update that could be done via wifi. It is as far as the wifi update can take you. This is because updates after that point have required an OS update, not just the APP. OS updates require a full programming that can't be done via wifi. If you wish to have current software you must use the software provided on our website and use a micro USB chip following the instructions. Optionally, the update chips are sold by your dealer. I always recommend factory resetting the display after any programming.

Your time is based on your GPS provided data. You should get clear view of the sky for the GPS and ensure that your time and date SOURCE (Initial setup - Data sources) is setup for the GPS model. Next under General settings, you should ensure your time offset is correct. If you still have problems then give our tech support a call.

Back