Sirius weather on TZT2

diad

Is there an instruction manual on how to use Sirius offshore package on the TZT2? It was just installed and I am not sure how to take advantage of all the features.
thanks,

I would recommend chapter 11 in the operator's manual. "Sirius/XM Satellite Weather Receiver (BBWX3) Operations"

Thank you. Yes, I have this printed out. I am having a problem finding the storms/rain or the radar image. I can put the cursor on a spot and see what's happening there but no rain information. Any suggestions?
Please excuse my ignorance. I am new at this.
thanks,

diad,

I have been using the Sirius weather for about 6 months on the TZT2 and I am still getting to know everything.

To get the Sirius radar to display Swipe up from the bottom edge, to display the layer menu (or you can also use the right slide out menu and tap layer).

On the layer menu the first item on the left should have an option to select Sirius Radar or NOWRAD radar to display. Once that is turned on it takes some time for the rain to show up on the chart, I think it gets an update every 5 minutes or so.

The next step is to tap on the chart and slide the menu up until you see Adv WX and WX. Within those you can turn on or off different items to display, Lightning, wind, SST ect.

The one I like the most is the Storm Track. It is a simple arrow that shows the direction a storm is headed, it takes a lot of guess work out of watching a radar loop animation.

I am still trying to figure out the best way to setup the Sirius weather NOWRAD on an animation loop. Currently it seems like it loops realtime weather and forecast all together in one animation.

Hope this helps, I am trying to explain it while away from the boat.

Diggin'Deep

Thanks DIgging Deep. These boxes were already checked or "on". The good news is that it's never going to rain again! Seriously, I can't find rain anywhere in the country. I let it go for about 30 minutes. Maybe something is broken. I have been dreading calling Sirius but I don't see another option.

Does it matter what chart I have on? I did change from auto, to raster to ho to fishing. Does the sst have to be turned off so that the greens can be seen I wonder.

thanks for the help

I think I had that same issue when I first installed the unit, when I updated the software to the current version it fixed itself.

DigginDeep

Yes, there was an issue with one of the older versions not showing all the information. Please ensure you are running 4.01 software.

Yes, I am running the most recent software. As of last week anyway. I did manage to get the rain to show by refreshing the signal. Now I lost the SST's. I have been on hold with Sirius for 43 minutes so far. I was dreading this. I may just go old school and ditch the weather. I don't think that I can deal with this every week.

Update: It works. I turned off everything again after the refresh and after about an hour it appears that everything downloaded. Now, I just have to play around with it to learn.
Thanks everyone and hopefully, this post helps someone else.
Happy boating and tight lines!

I too am having problem viewing any Sirius BBWX3 data on my TZT2. Sirius account is activated with correct ESN. Initial set up for WX is set to Sirius. Tried new antenna per Furuno tech support suggestion. TZT2 software is 4.01.

In the Sirius WX diagnostic screen, all counts are 0. Antenna LED flashes off twice every 5 seconds. Network LED rapidly flashing green.

Also tried connecting BBWX3 directly to TZT2, bypassing the hub. I am using Linksys wifi hub for the Ethernet network.

It sounds like a wifi router not hub. Routers provide IP addresses and firewalls. We don't recommend this at all. What is the purpose of the wifi? Unlike the TZT2, you can't use it with the apps via the router. That aside, the BBWX3 should have worked directly connected. You should send the unit in to be evaluated.

sorry for late response to your recommendation, we have been cruising since posted. Sirius WX still not working, will remove from boat and send at end of season. Right now have other Furuno issues which I will post.

Does anyone know if there's an option to use the xm audio on the BBWX3 with TZT2 display with fusion 700
When I installed it with my navnet3d on my last boat I was able to operate the stations on the display but I haven't found how to do so on the TZT2.

Your need to update to the current software and the Fusion must be connected through Ethernet, not N2K.

Back