Considerations for using USB hub with TZT2

lshick

For the TZTL12F, are there any issues to be aware of for using a USB hub? For example, suppose I have chart updates on a USB drive; does that drive have to be in any particular position on the USB hub in order for the TZTL12F to see them? Suppose I wish to import/export points, routes, tracks or device settings from/to a USB drive, while having chart updates on another USB drive; will the TZTL12F present options on which drive to store the exported files, or from which to import them? Any gotcha's?

Thank you.

I have seen very few USB hubs or USB memory have any compatibly issue with the TZT2. I don't expect you to have any problems. The USB memory must be in the FAT/FAT16/FAT32 file type. If you plan to have several items on the USB, I recommend a powered USB hub. It should be able to read charts from any connected ports. Normally if you manage the include 128GB micro SD map card; it is more than enough space for maps. I always recommend getting rid of extra unnecessary charts because it does impact performance. If you read maps from both the card and the USB make sure there is no duplication.

Back