Interfacing TZT2 TO Yahams CL SPEED GAGUE

RADIOWAVES

I AM trying to Interface my TZT2 TO my Yahams CL SPEED GAUGE using ZTT2 GPS COG info.
I have TZT2 nema 0183 set to 4800 bps and COG turned on. Have connected furuno white and blue to CL gauge white and blue and turned "GPS" ON MODE on gauge but no luck.
Any help would be appreciated

Fred

White and Blue wires from the Furuno are your transmit high/low (TD_A and TD_B) which need to connect to the receive wires on the Command Link (RD_H and RD_L) once those connections are correct you then need to verify that the correct NMEA 0183 output sentences are turned on in the initial setup menu (if you have all on or too many sentences on then no data will be transmitted through those lines as well so only turn on what sentences you need).

Once you connect the 0183 wires up correctly and also turn on the desired output sentences and its still not displaying data on the Yamaha, then its most likely and issue with the Command Link which you will need to contact Yamaha for further assistance.

BTW, the best way to know it is working is that you will see the time displayed on the CL+ gauge in the upper right corner.

funny cuz my yamaha commandlink also just lost speed input from TZT2.....had been working fine for 8 months on a new boat and then all of a sudden i dont have speed on commandlink. TZT2 shows speed just fine.

which sentences?.....seems like all the nmea 2000 sentences are off. My TZT2 dumped my transducers too, and tech support said this sometimes happens.

Attachments

• IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    465.2 KB · Views: 1,270
Yamaha CL+ gauge GPS input is NMEA 0183 (blue and white wires)

My understanding is that even after connecting the Yamaha Command Link Hub to the NMEA2000 network, it is only for engine data output. I don't believe the Yamaha "network" will obtain the GPS time from the NMEA2000 network.

Others might know a different way, but my experience has been to get NMEA0183 GPS inputted into the CL+ gauge with the blue and white wires.

Howard

my wiring is new on a new boat......i looked inside and it is exceptional so i doubt it is a loose wire. Here is my nmea0183 "sentence" list. Seems like cog is checked on.

Attachments

• IMG_0141.JPG
    IMG_0141.JPG
    751.4 KB · Views: 1,249
Back