new navnet TZ-2 to raymarine transducer

captain Bob

most experience captains out there would shrug there shoulders and think what areyou kidding but lets look at reality i spent a great deal of money but most of all labor to install a 4" bronze Flush mount 1kw ,20 degree tilt (to match dead rise) transducer i year old perfect inline installation. now i am going to twin 12" nav-net TZ-2 MFD`s with DRS4D NXT radar i really want to use this B-164 -1kw ray marine transducer with perhaps a adapter at the plug 8" from transducer .difficult transducer wiring to bridge. thank you in advance!

You can cut off the Raymarine transducer connector and wire on a Furuno transducer pigtail connector. (p/n AIR-033-333) This will allow you to use the transducer but do not connect the temp wires (white and brown) because the Raymarine temp sensors are different and will not work on the Furuno.

:D thank you ever so much .at least i can use the boat .then on removal for winter i will deal with installing new transducers to take advantage of chirp ability of TZ-2.most likely one tilt 20 high and one tilt 20 low both bronze flush mount with temp.

trying to look into your anwer if i do hook up temperature will there be a temperature offset like lets say 5 degrees or will it rise exponently with temperature change or worst will it damage TZ-2.

"thank you ever so much .at least i can use the boat .then on removal for winter i will deal with installing new transducers to take advantage of chirp ability of TZ-2.most likely one tilt 20 high and one tilt 20 low both bronze flush mount with temp."

The TZtouch L 2 series displays do not have built in CHIRP. They have ReZboost, which Furuno engineers will put up against anyone else TRUE 1kw or less CHIRP. However Rezboost utilizes traditional Tone burst Broadband Transducers and uses Software to clean up image. End game with CHIRP is better target separation and better target resolution.. Rezboost does that. Keep in mind some features like Rezboost and Bottom discrimination mode are only compatible with certain transducers.

To add true CHIRP to the TZtouch you will need a DFF1-UHD. Having said that this module was designed to be used with single housing dual freq range CHIRP ducer ie. M265, B265.

With a slight modification to the cable entrance you can squeeze to flush mount 1kw B175 CHIRP ducers through the hole and bare wire connect.

TEMP will just not work..