NMEA2000 Fusion Link

Nothing is promised until the final version/revision software has been thoroughly tested and released.

As of right now we are hoping to have this function available around the end of 2017. keep in mind features included in a new software update and release dates are subject to change without notice.

If you have the UD-700 or UD-750 fusion head units, then you can interface the TZT2 and the fusion via network connection and be able to control volumes and channels from the TZT2 itself.

Hello
any update on when this will be available?

thanks

Hello Dumptruck24,

Currently, the TZT2 software does not allow controllability via NMEA2000. I haven't heard anything more if this will be a feature since the release of version 5.03.
However, the TZT2 can still control the Fusion (UD-700 or UD-750) via the network connection.
Here is a link to a document explaining in detail how to connect a TZT/TZT2 to an applicable Fusion-Link Head Unit:https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/s...fo/tech_tips/tech_tips/nntzt2_fusion_link.pdf
Hope this helps.

Hiya,
Any update on this? All the other chartplotters I have played with have this built in... Hell even some watches can connect to Fusion now!
It is a little misleading that Furuno say the TZT2 connects Fusion stereos, it's only when you actually try and do it that you realise it only connects to the 2 stereos with ethernet, not NMEA like everybody else!
There is an update due soon to re-connect ActiveCaptain (I have Timezero and that has been updated) any chance of some feature updates at teh same time?
Thanks...
...(c)

Connection to Fusion is still via Ethernet for both the TZT and TZT2. We have been told that TZT2 might have NMEA 2000 support with a future update but not sure when that may be. Please see other posts concerning Active Captain.

mikeperez8":1j1my415 said:
Another update request!

I'd like to run a fusion black box with a TZT15.

I have the exact same request. I just purchased a TZTL15F and a black box since they market the TZtouch2 as having fusion link. Now i find out its only over ethernet and the black box doesnt have ethernet. The garmin unit i replaced with a furuno could do it over nmea2000. Furuno please add this feature

I have Fusionlink on my tzt215.

The only issue I have is that sometimes the name of the band/song doesn't show up on the Tzt2, but still controls volume....

Fusion control via network for TZT and TZT2 is king; but 2000 is still not available. It can be connected by 2000 but the Furuno will ignore it. Fusion makes 2000 remotes that work. For the TZT2, NMEA 2000 optional control is still on the drawing board. No fixed dates from Japan.

My understanding is NMEA 2000 support (instead of using existing network support) is still being worked on. The next version of TZT3 and TZT2 software should offer that.

Just to keep the pressure up on this :)

The hint is that NMEA Fusion Link may be available in V8 - I won't pester for when V8 is released, but do we think Fusion link might be there?

Thanks...

That is the plan. V2 for TZT3 released with the feature. We suspect v8 will have the 2000 Fusion Link support in the same way.

Back