cameras

Capt David

Furuno Fan
I have a couple of questions:

1). Can you hook up multiple cameras to TZ touch2 (cockpit, engine room, cabin)?

2). How many cameras can be watched on a single TZ touch2

3). Can you increase the amount of cameras you can watch on one screen by adding a separate piece of electronics? This would be to constantly watch the same camera shot without rotating cameras.

Thank you

I have a similar/related question as I try to hook up cameras to my (2) TZTL15F units.

On Furuno's website it states:

NavNet TZtouch2 is a component-based system that utilizes Furuno’s award ....

Additional sensors that can be added to the network include AIS, Weather Fax, Sirius/XM Satellite Weather, Fusion Marine Stereo, and IP Cameras, as well as NMEA2000 and Furuno CAN bus devices. It even includes one NMEA0183 output port to send data to legacy systems.

However, later, reading the installation manual in section 2.5 it states:

NOTE: IP cameras cannot be connected to the TZTL12F or TZTL15F

What IP Cameras are they referring to on the Furuno website that can be used with the TZTL15F?

http://www.furunousa.com/products/produ ... +Touch+MFD

IP cameras are not allowed for the TZT2 system; Only the normal TZT.
The TZT2 has two composite video inputs and can show one of the videos at a time either in full screen or 1/4 screen. The unit has switching built in where you can have the video shown and then switched to the other input and back at the interval you choose. If you need to view more than one video at the exact split second, you must use an external video multiplexer which can add many cameras into one view.

I have two TZT2 15" at the main bridge and a TZT2 12" at the fly bridge.

My question is "how can I get video broadcast to all monitors?

Will I need to resort to using a video splitter?

Yes, a video splitter or use an Axis IP camera which is now supported with the most recent software update (5.02). If you already have camera(s) in place, you might consider the Axis video server which is now also supported.

You can view one video source at a time either on full screen or quarter screen. You can switch video sources between your camera inputs with a touch of the screen but you can't view but one source at a time.

Is the Axis "Companion" video recorder compatible with the TZT2 and the newest update?

The NavNet would really have no part in the process. The question would be to Axis. I would ask them if the recorder will still work after changing the IP address and configuring the camera for the NavNet network. If the recorder is on the bus listening (recording) it shouldn't cause any problems for the network. I haven't heard of anyone trying it but maybe Axis has.

Back