Looking for Advice

Kickinback

Hi I am putting a system together and would like some advice.

TZT-L12F
526 TID-HDD
DRS4A
PSU-12
HUB 101
FI-5002 N2K junction box
NavPilot 700 OB
FURUNO hydraulic pump set
GP 330B if needed

Is the 526 TID-HDD the best fit?
Do I need the hub?
With the DRS4A open array do I gain anything over the 4w dome?
Anything else?

Thanks
Larry

Larry-
The package looks nice.
I would suggest using the NavPilot 711C O/B version as it takes up less space and is frankly much more attractive. With the space and money you save you would be better adding an FI70 instrument head. It will tie in with your N2K backbone.
The beam width on the DRS4A is narrower and provides better target discrimination, but also adds weight and expense. Depending on the size and type of your boat and the location you boat the DRS4D might be a better fit. Both of these have the same features when it comes to operation.

The transducer is the correct choice as long as it is mounted correctly.

Finally, you will need a hub, but if you use our Hub101 make sure the power synchronization is turned off on each port as TZT2 system doesn't use that feature.

I just looked at the 526TID-HDD it big. My boat is a Pursuit 3370. I was thinking a thru hull like 525-LTD/20, Might be a better option. I live in Oregon and fish for bottom fish, salmon, Halibut, and tuna. Bottom fish and Halibut are less than 700'. For tuna I only look at the top 200'. Can you recommend a transducer? How much of a performance loss is there going with a smaller transducer?

Thanks

Kickinback-

I'm going to pass your transducer question on to Snips, our sounder expert. Since he is from your part of the country he is more familiar with target the species you are going after.
He or I will respond soon.

Thanks, also is there a low profile thru hull transducer that can be used with the DFF1-UHD? I ImagIne there would be some performance loss.

Kickinback,
If you are fishing Halibut in 700ft you probably aren't really looking for fish but more for bottom type i.e hard/soft/rocks/mud. That is pushing the capability for any 600w transducer (525T-LTD). You have mentioned two different sounders, the TZT2 and the DFF1-UHD. If you leaning towards the UHD just know that only the 265LH is the only transducer in the UHD's database for Bottom Discrimination and ACCU-FISH modes. While you can use tilted element transducers you just won't have access to those two modes. For Tuna fishing I would look at getting the widest beam width transducer you can get. For the UHD that would be the 275LHW, for the TZT2 would be a B-270. These are big transducers with a high speed fairing. If you can't fit these, I would try to fit one with the widest BW and the most power. I would spend a couple of minutes to go through the lists of compatible transducers for each sounder.

Snips

You are correct on fishing for Halibut and most of the spots are well known.

Looking at all of the transducers for built in TZT2 sonar keeping the Rezboost and bottom
discrimination only ones flush mount are the 525T-LTD /12 and /20. Is a 0 mount available?

There doesn't seem to be any flush mount transducers for the DFF1-UHD. Did I miss them?

Thanks for your help.

Kickinback-

Bottom Discrimination, whether on our DFF1-UHD or with RezBoost in the TZT, will only function between 16'' to about 320'.

I believe Airmar does make a 0 tilt version of the 525T. You might want to contact Gemeco (their distribution end). If they have a 10-pin model it will work with the TZT2.

Back