Alman

Im in the process of getting the TZtouch2 but need a little more clarification:
Am I right to conclude the following on the TZt2:

Using the 526TID-HDD 1kW transducer, I will get all these features:
Bottom discrimination and FURUNO Digital Filter and Rezboost™ at all depths
I will also get ACCU-FISH™, but only to 325ft
I will not get Chirp

Am I also right to conclude the following on the TZt2:
I can get a Chirp transducer to work but will need to add the additional DFF1 UHD CHIRP Sonar
and will get Bottom discrimination at all depths and Accu-Fish to 325 ft
but will not get Digital Filter and Rezboost™

I will not get Chirp

All correct. Well done.

Am I also right to conclude the following on the TZt2:
I can get a Chirp transducer to work but will need to add the additional DFF1 UHD CHIRP Sonar
and will get Bottom discrimination at all depths and Accu-Fish to 325 ft
but will not get Digital Filter and Rezboost™

Almost correct. You will get Digital filtering and processing.
(At this time only the TZT2 system sounder offers Rezboost feature)

Johnny Electron":62cgn1x3 said:
I will not get Chirp

All correct. Well done.

The above being true, I would rather go with the TZT2 with all these features than go with Chirp (from another Brand) which I had before but didn't feel better off. I will give Furuno a try this time since my friend with a cheaper Furuno GP1870F was getting better results than my more expensive Chirp from Ga***. The only loss here (theoretically) is Chirp but that is replaced by the FURUNO Digital Filter and Rezboost™

So here are my last two questions:

1. Will a 600w transducer with the TZT2 work great to 600ft and also do OK at 1,800ft (I do the bigger depths occasionally?

2. What Transducer choices will give me all the features that I need with the TZT2. namely Bottom discrimination and FURUNO Digital Filter and Rezboost™ and Accu-Fish:-

After rereading the statement, I made a oversight. The bottom discrimination is also limited to 325ft. (because the beam angles spread out too far) Any depth beyond that the bottom hardness can always be determined by looking at the strength of the bottom echoes.

In theory, salt water perfect conditions 600w will get you about 1300ft on the low freq side (about 550 on high side). Normally, you see about 1000ft. Being that you need 1800ft; you need a 1KW transducer. The 526TID-HDD is about the best match you can buy for this unit and run 1kw.

What Transducer choices will give me all the features that I need with the TZT2. namely Bottom discrimination and FURUNO Digital Filter and Rezboost™ and Accu-Fish:-
You will find two lists of transducers listed under the "Accessories" tab of TZT2 units.
http://www.furunousa.com/Products/Produ ... +Touch+MFD

One list shows the rezboost/bottom discrimination transducers and the other shows just normal transducer that work without the advanced features.

Thank you so much for the guidance ...

Johnny Electron":g2arcghp said:
....The 526TID-HDD is about the best match you can buy for this unit and run 1kw.

One that listing showing the rezboost/bottom discrimination and another showing just normal transducer that work without the advanced features.

The 526TID-HDD is not in the rezboost/bottom discrimination transducer list .... and since the rezboost is important for me, does that mean I really should just go for the 600w transducer if I want those features or will the 1kw rubber coated transducer do the same job as the 526TID-HDD? Or can I fit two transducers on the TZT2 - one 600W for most use and the 526TID-HDD for the occasional deep use but with no features? Either way, I will not go with the G**** for fish finders again.

The 526TID-HDD is not in the rezboost/bottom discrimination transducer list

Yes it is. You must have overlooked it. It is the only 1KW Airmar transducer that does currently support all the features offered.

Wonderful
I will check to see if the new boat I'm finalizing can take it . Hopefully I won't need an angled transducer

So the 526TID‑HDD is the same as the Airmar B260? Sorry, I'm not schooled on Furuno transducers. I have similar interests as the OP and I will likely use a TM260. Will the TM260 allow for the same features as the 526TID‑HDD?

thanks

Yes, the 526TID‑HDD transducer is an Airmar B260 with the proper 10 pin Furuno connection. The TM260 basically is the same but the transom mount version. You can certainly lie to the sounder and tell it that it is the 526TID‑HDD and it should preform similar due the transducer elements being the same. You might have to cut the included T-ID wire that tells the sounder the model number of the connected transducer.

great, thanks!

hopefully someone will have some user experience to share with either of these transducers and the built in tzt2 sounder.

Back