AIS List/ARPA Issue

Quitsa

Furuno Super Fan
Two questions:
1) Is there any way to input my own vessel MMSI so that it does not show up as an AIS target? Now when my transponder is turned on, it shows my own boat at the center as a target.

2) The ARPA does not seem to be auto acquiring targets very well when the radar is operating. I remember with my NavNet 3D, it worked really well and would pick up anything in the guard zone and show it as an active target with vector. I have tapped the guard zone boundary and selected "auto acquire" on the menu that appears. It only gets a few targets. Also it makes any land mass in the guard zone start blinking, which is somewhat distracting.

1). This would be a function of the AIS not the plotter. The plotter is going to show all the targets being given. You would need to change a setting in the AIS, if that is even possible. I recommend talking to the AIS manufacturer.

2.) Haven't seen any other reports of this but will let our product development folks know. Please ensure you are using fast good quality heading because the better the heading the better the ARPA will be.

What I found with my own boat showing up on AIS: I have a AIS receiver capable VHF radio and a AIS transponder. If I don't turn off the AIS receiver on the VHF, it hears and plots my transponder.

If you are transmitting and then receiving your own signal with another receiver, then you need to break the link someplace. The plotter is doing it's job and plotting all the targets it is given.

Back