NavNet TZtouch2 Now Available

F

ForumAdmin

NavNet TZtouch2 is here! You can now place an order with your Furuno dealer and we are shipping out the new 12.1" and 15.6" MFDs. Take a look at the TZT2 Guided Tour Video to see it in action! https://youtu.be/nz_iHxi46-A :jump

Great - I'm planning to upgrade from my VX2 to the TZT2 in the near future but I would like to know if my BBWX2 will work with the TZT2.

Thanks!

Well, that sucks but thank you. :cool

BTW - Unless I missed it, I didn't see anything about BBWX2 or BBWX3 in that FAQ doc. Might want to add this question.

Hi, I just received my long awaited TZT2 and its being installed now but in preparation for its use I have gone through the manual and I'm trying to figure out how to import my points and routes I have saved on flash drive in GPX. format into the new tzt2. In the manual in section 8. under file operation it states files can be imported or exported via USB however under section 8.3 on specifically how to import points and routes it states to put the SD card that I have the files on into the SD card reader. The only card reader on the TZT2 is the single SD slot that has the map charts already in it. My question is can I do this operation without purchasing the SDU-001 (2) slot micro card reader? Im hoping I can just plug in my USB SD card reader or a Flash drive with the files I want to upload directly to the TZT2's single USB port? The only time the manual says to use the USB port is in 8.7 How to Convert NavNet vx2 Data. Im really hoping I can use the USB port to IMPORT/EXPORT and do points and routes backups. :huh

Thanks in advance
Steve

The rear slot is designed as chart storage. Therefore other usage is not possible.

You must import/export via the USB (Jump drive or using a SD to USB drive) or using the optional Furuno SDU-001 SD card reader.

If there is a USB hub connected to the USB port on the MFD that is shared by more than one device (let's say an MU002 remote and a USB memory stick), will the unit see the memory stick as the "right slot" for importing and exporting waypoints, etc? Or does it have to be only device on the USB port?

Also on a 1st generation TZT, it is possible to save data onto the chart card by selecting left slot. If you took out the chart card on the TZT 2 and saved the waypoints onto it using your laptop, would the unit see the files when put the chart card back in the MFD and you selected "import"?

The rear slot is designed as chart storage. You can not import or export points there no matter what you do. It will never show up as an option. Only a card reader or USB jump drive connected to the USB connection, will be.

OK thanks, this is all good info about the USB port. I just have two more question about this.

If the single SD card port in rear is only for chart storage where does the routes,points and settings get stored? Im thinking there is an internal hard drive that does this but I can't find that info anywhere in the manual.

And

If I end up getting the SDU-001 SD Card Unit, would I need to remove the chart card from the built in single card slot it is in now and reinstall it in the left slot of the SDU-001 leaving the original build in SD card slot empty? (OR) Leave the chart card in the original built in SD card slot and use the SDU-001 two Card slots as additional chart storage left side using the right side to save my points, waypoints, and settings on the right side?

Again thank you in advance for your help as the manual is not specific enough on this.

If the single SD card port in rear is only for chart storage where does the routes,points and settings get stored?

Internal solid state memory as is the operating system. There is no hard drive.

If I end up getting the SDU-001 SD Card Unit, would I need to remove the chart card from the built in single card slot it is in now and reinstall it in the left slot of the SDU-001 leaving the original build in SD card slot empty? (OR) Leave the chart card in the original built in SD card slot and use the SDU-001 two Card slots as additional chart storage left side using the right side to save my points, waypoints, and settings on the right side?

Charts can be read from the rear or SDU001 card reader. So where you keep the chart inserted is entirely up to you.

Perfect. I just wanted to make sure how the and where the charts and points are stored before I buy anything more for the system. I don't think I will need a second card reader now. Im just going to use the USB to backup points and routes and make a copy of the installed chart card just in case.

Thanks for the help. I probably made it sound more complicated than it really is.

My new Furuno Tzt2 12", DRS4D radar, FI-70, and heading sensor are almost finished being installed in my Radon 25" so I'm pretty excited to get the boat back with a bunch of other upgrades as well.

Ive got another question about loading gps waypoint from my old system. Just finished getting all my old way point loaded in a GPX file on my computer and review the manual again about files. Its pretty clear that I can export and save points and routes from the TZT2 and choose GPX and CSV and Furunos Tzd format to EXPORT points and route files but theres nothing about what kind of files I can load into the TZT2.

All my old waypoints have been loaded into my Inavx software but I can only export these files in GPX or CSV format. Will The TZT2 accept waypoints and routes in GPX or CSV or do I need to somehow convert these to Furunos Tzd format? Heres a photo of my helm before going in for the upgrade and I've got just enough room for the TZT2 12" and one FI-70 and some extra space to spare

Thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_0566.JPG
    IMG_0566.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 2,162
For what it's worth, when I got my TZT 2 units 10 days ago, I imported about 400 waypoints in GPX format using a USB memory stick plugged into the USB port on the back of the units. The only thing I have noticed so far is that the waypoint marks appear to have all gotten changed to yellow with round circles. Otherwise they made it across just fine.

The Nobeltec TimeZero app for iPad (if you have one) will save and manage points and routes in .tzd format if you want to be able to edit them away from the boat in the native format. Once I had uploaded the waypoints to the TZT 2 from the GPX files, I exported them back onto the memory stick in .tzd format and then later imported them into the TZ app to edit at home. The app itself is free but you have to buy charts. It is then possible to export the files from the TZ app and use iTunes to copy them on a memory stick and import back to the TZT 2.

Supposedly some day soon there is going to be a new version of the TZ app that will save waypoints and routes to the "My Time Zero" website and a software update for the TZT 2 that will allow you to synch with it via a download from the website if your TZT 2 has an internet connection.

Thanks CC32 thats what I needed to know. For know I will try the GPX transfer but I'm going to look into the Nobeltec Time Zero app because I would like to make it easier in the future to make up routes and plan trips at home then transfer to the TZT2. Ive never looked at the Nobeltec software or charts but I really like my Inavx with Navionics charts so if gpx will transfer at least I can put my old point in for now.

Thanks

Back