Searching for a mark

flowmotion

Furuno Fan
Is it really possible that the TZT2 has no search capability for the list elements?
I have over 1000 marks and would like to be able to do some sort of search to locate a specific mark based on its content.

From what I can tell, finding a specific mark will require scrolling through the list one by one.
Is there a possibility of adding a search function that would go through the names and comments looking for the search string? Every other MFD I have used has this.

Good that you asked. Yes there is an undocumented search feature. We have been asking that it be finalized and documented but as of right now, it isn't. I guess I can trust you with the secret. :)

Go to your list. Looking at the very top item, touch the single blank line right above the top item in the list. SHhhhshss don't tell anyone I told you.

:D

Mr. Electron,
I get a charge out of your responses. always amped up, overcoming resistance....so watts up with the undocumented feature? I'm sure someone has the capacity to let the world know. It would be super conductive to customer satisfaction! You should tesla the world.

I tried out the hidden search. It only searches on the first letter of a mark.

If the development team is receptive to input I suggest the following:

1- search on letters and numbers
2- add capability to search on more than the first letter or number, ie search string
3- add capability to search comments

Do you think any enhancements are coming or do I need to change my mark naming?

We have been pushing for it but "wish list" items take time. You can search by point icon, color etc; if you touch those selections and then the undocumented line. I know it isn't perfect but it is something. I love the electronic references. :jump

I like this topic.
My old NN1 had a easy to use search function and it would be great to have the same on TZT2.
Will the secret function work with the name of a way point from the list?

Thanks
Bob

No it will only take you to the first letter of sorted names, or icon type, or color, or range (distance). You will see when you try it. It is not perfect but it is a lot better than nothing.

Back