Error Messages - TZTL15F

CQuestII

Furuno Fan
I am getting error messages periodically on my TZTL15F displays. One messages is that I have lost radar connection - the problem is that the radar works fine from either display when flashing and beeping on display? I also get a similar message on the displays - Sirius Weather Connection lost - but I am able to see the data from Sirius?

I did play with the Navcenter data a bit so maybe this is causing some confusion for the Sirius issue but I cannot figure out why the Radar message comes up. I was out in the boat for 4-5 hours and saw the messages about 3 times ea.

It sounds like you have a networking issue or something with the related NMEA 2000 bus. I would start with the network. Ensure all the cables used are Cat5e or Cat6 speed rated with SHIELDED cables and METAL connectors. If they are, I would look over the NMEA 2000 for any problems like instance conflicts or architecture design problems. If everything looks good, I would look toward the hub as a possible problem. You might contact our tech support for assistance while you are at the boat. They are normally every good at helping pinpoint the problems.

Ok I will give that a try.

Is it ok to have one display set to view Sirius and one for the navcenter? I was thinking this was causing some of my problems related to the Sirius error messages.

Thanks.
Tom

Yes, you can have one looking at one type of weather and the other looking at the other. This will work just fine.

Back