radar overlay

Re: radar overlay

Postby captain Bob » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:41 pm

thank every one whom try to help as it turned out thru Furuno support one off the unit were no good .finally figure it out if you turn power on slave display gps would lock and as soon as you turn power on master display gps/heading would drop out on slave now you have no gps in either unit.i took out radar then NEMIA 2000 with PG-700 and isolated master display to power only no GPS so the NAV-NET tz touch -2 is bad from factory every sensor works on other display including radar overlay. hours and hours of troubleshooting never thinking the brand new display was bad.lets see if they exchange for new unit!!!!!!!
captain Bob

Postby captain Bob » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:13 am

turn out the furuno display was defective and soon as you apply power button it shorted the GPS on both displays so i remove radar and connected to display two with one off ;all ok with overlay and PG-700,NMEA 2000 connected.with no sensors or NMEA connected to display one it does not lock up to GPS.
captain Bob

Postby Hermank » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:15 pm

is it possible to use the GPS output from my radio as the heading sensor?
thanks
h
Hermank

Postby Johnny Electron » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:23 pm

You need heading data for overlay. GPS units normally give GPS data not heading. If you have a GPS that also provides heading like a sat compass; then yes it should work for overlay. Ultimately you are looking for something that can provide you stable heading. COG (course over ground) is not the same thing as heading.
Johnny Electron
Johnny Electron

Postby Hermank » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:30 am

many thanks
h
Hermank

Postby captain Bob » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:40 pm

all is well that ends well everything working as it should . no real explanation or logic here.finally the starboard unit jumped into GPS with 9 satellites locking up after doing all kinds of stupid things like hanging the display out the front curtain on the bridge.just like that the starboard unit lock up.i then put unit on port side it lock up and radar and PG-700 show up in sensors. now i put port display on starboard side and it also lock up no logical answer reverse displays and they work perfect i also set one as master.
captain Bob

Postby Hermank » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:24 am

Hi all
so i finally have everything installed.
The PG700 has been dialed in
I can get the radar to display on its own (on the TZTL-12) either as full screen or split alongside the Jepessen chart.
I have clicked on overlay. I have clicked on range link. i have played with the transparency slider for the radar to confirm that it is not there but invisible. The radar is transmitting (not standby). I cannot get it to overlay.
Any suggestions out there?
thanks
herman
Hermank

Postby Johnny Electron » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:25 am

Because the thread was hijacked, it is a bit confusing. Can you see heading in a data box on the TZT2? It might be best to call in to tech support and discuss while you are at the unit.
Johnny Electron
Johnny Electron

Postby seaveepete » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:28 am

I had the same problem with getting the NXT RADAR overlay to work with the TZT2's. Unfortunately I can't remember what settings I changed to make it work but I'll check it this weekend.
seaveepete
Furuno Fan
Furuno Fan

Previous

Return to NavNet TZtouch2