TZTouch2 problems connecting to the internet

Slowpoke2

I'm having trouble connecting my TZ to the internet following update to 3.01.

I've tried various routes to connect, all working on other devices, just not the TZ.

Anyone having similar issues? Any ideas on things I should check?

Thanks!

We haven't had any reported issues and it works on my unit. Maybe the password going back to default after programming is a problem. I would go into the TZT and temporarily setup the password for something easy like 12345. Then "Forget" the connection on your Wi-Fi device and then connect in put in the password. That will normally work. The most common connection issue is the password. iOS wont tell you if you get the password wrong. It just won't work.

Thanks for the response... I just got a chance to work with this again.

I can 'connect' to multiple different networks (Marina wifi and several cellular hotspots). I get prompted for the password (I did try 'forgetting' them as you suggested). The TZ appears to connect to each of these and gets assigned an IP address.

But, when I go to update weather the GET WX is greyed out, and Active Captain Activate and Update are also greyed out. I'm assuming this is because it's not connected, but maybe it's something else.

Any ideas ??

Thanks, Tim

The Wifi has two modes. One where you connect to the NavNet so you can run on of the apps. The other is where the NavNet connects to a wifi sources to download data like weather. You have to ensure you have selected the correct mode.

If you are connecting to get weather, your cell phone would be on the normal service. You would need to turn the HOTSPOT on, where you are hosting the connection. The NavNet connects to the phone to reach the net. You wouldn't connect the phone to the NavNet in this example.

I recommend you call tech support when you are at the boat.

I have the exact same problem. Since the unit(s) were new I tried multiple connections to wifi networks (with no landing page), was assigned IP address but cannot access weather server or update server. I Called tech support and they were at loss and suggested a factory reset. Haven't done this yet but will soon and will let you know. I have some other weird things going on like some units showing up as nautical (such as FDTE) and some showing as statute (MPH, SOG, etc). Hopefully a hard reset will correct.

If you worked with tech support, the unit might have something wrong. I would recommend the unit be send in for evaluation.

Quick followup as a courtesy for others reading this thread. This issue got resolved with a call to tech support who confirmed I was using the right Wifi mode, configured corectly, it just wouldn't connect. In the end we did a factory reset and this resolved the issue.

My thanks to the the forum team here and tech team for walking me through to the resolution.
:furuno :furuno

Hello!

Looks like this post is a few years old, however, I just found it today after having the exact same issue. Performing a factory reset corrected mine as well.

Another thing to consider if you are having issues:

When TZ Touch arrived, I tested it out at home, connecting it to my home wireless access point. The unit connected fine and remained that way, however, network information for weather, etc was not being received/transmitted. I received an alert on my home network that stated the connection was being refused by my network firewall because it was identified as malicious. I then connected it to my other network without the firewall, but still would not work. I then connected it to a mobile hotspot, and even my phone, but still no luck. I did a complete software upgrade and it would still not work. The factory defualt reset is what finally worked. It's almost as if the initial network block was retained in the Furuno unit.

Sorry for the long note, but wanted to let folks know who might have done something similar as me. If nothing is helping to resolve your issue, make sure your mobile router, firewall etc is not blocking the connection.

Hope this helps.
Wade

Back