Anchor Alarm- Remote location

U

Utah1

I spoke to a Furuno engineer at a recent electronics open house. He mentioned that I could mount an audible buzzer in my stateroom and then wire it to my TZT14 located in the pilothouse for the purpose of hearing the anchor alarm. What items do I need ? Where can I get them ? And how to go about wiring such a device ? Thanks !

An external buzzer can be attached to the provided 18-pin multi-output connector. You will find the connection shown on page S-1 of the installation manual using the WHITE and BLK/White input wires. You can find your own buzzer or purchase one (P/N 000-086-443) from your Furuno dealer.

Thanks Johnny for the info. Is there a maximum length that the wire run can be ? I assume 15'- 20' would be fine. And when this buzzer is connected will the alarm at the MFD still function ? OR does only the remote buzzer become functional ? thanks again.

I would think best case is about 100 ft of cable if you use really good quality cable. Using the external buzzer has no effect on your internal alarm on the TZT.

Back