Delete DSC Position Report Icon

RickVicik

Furuno Fan
How can I delete a DSC Position Report Icon (hexagon) from the chart display after the banner at the top disappears? Nothing I've tried on the icon, on the data box or on the info in the DSC list seems to give an option to remove the icon. I want to keep the MMSI in my buddy list.
---rick

I couldn't find a delete option in the pop-up data box (see attached photo) or in the expanded data box that can be brought up by selecting 'INFO'. I tried selecting the entry in the DSC List but didn't see a way to delete it there either. I tried scrolling these data boxes in case the delete option was on the next page but the list of options seems to be 100% visible.
---rick

Attachments

• DSC_List_Details.JPG
    DSC_List_Details.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,643
  • DSC_Target_Databox.JPG
    DSC_Target_Databox.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,643
You will have to add them to your buddy list which is different from the normal DSC list, if you want to store them as someone you wish to keep. It might seem like a silly question, but have you tried turning the unit off and back on? Many times temp data clears when the unit is power cycled. The DSC is limited to 20 marks so if you never turn off the unit they will slowly disappear as that number is exceeded. For example the 21st DSC mark will delete the first mark (1). Overall the DSC list should empty when powering down the entire system.

For the record, the handheld VHF I was using to issue the position report was in my TZT14 buddy list. Also, the hexagon icon and entry in the DSC list both disappear if the TZT14 is power-cycled.

When I first enabled the DSC feature in my fixed VHF radio and found I couldn't delete the individual position reports displayed on the TZT14, I became concerned that the screen might become filled with them during a day of cruising. I ran another test and found that each position report from the same MMSI replaces the previous, so there is only one hexagon (and one DSC list entry) for each MMSI. That plus the fact that there will be only 20 hexagons at any one time is enough to eliminate my concerns.
---rick

Back