Software updates

rmenendez

Furuno Fan
Hi.

Planning to do software updates on my TZT, DFF1-UHD and DRS12. Currently TZT's on v4.21. Which order should I do the updates on? Already downloaded but have not prepared SD card as perhaps they should only have the software for the unit being updated. Instructions not quite clear to me on this point.

rmenedez,

Thank you for your inquiry. I recommend that you disconnect the Multifunction Displays from the network, and then upgrade the software to the latest version.

Once completed, and everything checks out on the MFDs, I would reconnect the MFDs back to the network, and disconnect all the sensors except for the DFF1-UHD and then upgrade its software through the MFDs. Once that is completed, disconnect the DFF1-UHD and reconnect only DRS12 to the network and upgrade its software through the MFD.

Hope this helps.

Deep Blue ;)

Thank you for the recommendation. Its not easy having to disconnect so many items but want to make sure no problems. Guess should do this with each TZT screen. Should the SD cards ONLY have the software being updated in the SD card during each update? Is a master reset required on the TZT's?

Thank you

Hi.

Finished doing the TZT updates and have a couple of suggestions.

First, please advise MAC users that you cannot just copy the files to a brand new card, or at least, that was my experience. Had to format the card in the TZT and re-copy the files again and this time my MAC works. Assume this was possible because I use Paragon to be able to write files which were able to be read by the TZT.

Second, if at all possible, have the screen brightness not be totally dimmed during the update. I was waiting for a nice day to update my units and they were absolutely unreadable.

Still pending update of the sounder and radar which I will do later on.

Other than that, all went well, thank you.

Back