TZT14 system current draw

Mangler

I have a TZT14, PSU012(for DRS4A), DFF1-UHD, FA-30 AIS and hub101. I have been having current draw issues with the system turned off and I have tracked the draw of each component. I listed the issues I found with each component. My question, is this normal? If not, any suggestions on what to do to fix my current draw issue. Right now, with the TZT14 power off I am drawing about 4.1amps. I thought everything powered off would maybe be max lass than 1 amp.

1) PSU012 draws 3.25 amps with everything powered off
2) FA-30 0.75 amp with everything off.
3) DFF1-UHD not turning off transducer when I power down the TZT14, I have to cycle the power to get it to turn off.

Do I need to isolate these systems and have a switch for each when not in use? Appreciate any suggestions and comments on what you feel is normal. I have to make a change before I replace my batteries.

As long as the breaker is on, the radar and radar power supply are turned on. (radar is in stby) When you are not using the system you should power off the breaker or the power supply and radar will continue to draw power.

Thanks. I didn't install the system, so I am learning along the way. I am going to put in switches for each. Should I put in breaker switches for the DFF1-UHD as well? The switches would solve the problem with the sounder staying on after shutting down the TZT14.

Yes, switches would be a good idea. Although the sounder will normally stop pinging the transducer if it sees nothing to talk to in about 8 mins; it will still be "On" and drawing power unless you kill power to it.

Back