Updating dual TZTouch software

Re: Updating dual TZTouch software

Postby topcorner18 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:57 am

Hey Johnny,

Quick follow-up to close this out. I contacted support. They were very helpful. I had errored and was using incremental update instructions rather than full OS instructions. In full OS update, the actual files under the top level directory get put at the SDcard root and one inserts the ard before powering up the display. Just the opposite occurs when doing an incremental. My bad and my apology.

Having now completed the update both displays are running 5.01. The only issue I see is the charts are "jittering" back and forth as if some parameter (heading?) is changing rapidly. Seems a setting for dampening (if there is one - I'm still reading the manual) got reset during the settings restore but I can't find it. Would you happen to know which menu item controls this?

Thanks again for your help. I'm learning...slowly :furuno
topcorner18

Re: Updating dual TZTouch software

Postby Johnny Electron » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:22 am

Glad to hear our support fixed you up. Considering the movement you describe on the chart, I agree that it is something with your heading or you have your boat icon set to COG instead of heading. (Menu - Ship&Track - Icon orientation) COG is unstable when your not moving. (COG requires 3 knots or better to be considered valid information) I would also recommend checking what heading source you have as "Preferred" under your Data Sources. You can dampen the heading under initial setup but it isn't normally needed. Keep in mind at the dock with waves rocking the boat, it is normal to have a little movement.
Johnny Electron
Johnny Electron

Previous

Return to NavNet TZtouch