Tzt14 chartmaster for tztl12f

A

Anonymous

What is the secret to getting the chartmaster function working. The tzt2 says no charts master detected.

Press the home icon, then select the following: SETTINGS then select INITIAL SETUP. now scroll almost all the way down until you see "CHART MASTER DEVICE" and turn that on.
Keep in mind that if you have multiple TZT2's then only one TZT2 should have "MASTER CHART DEVICE" set to "ON."

I need the tzt14 to be the chartmaster since that is the unit ID i used to by the C-map maps.

The tzt14 shows that it is the chart master but the tztl12f still says no chart master detected.

I also tried making sure the tzt14 was fully booted up before turning on the tztl12f. Still the same problem.

As a last resort I made the tztl12f a chart master and the tzt14 could not detect a chart master.

Sounds like the units aren't talking but they show up in each others sensor listings. The radar and dff1-uhd are connected to the tzt14 and the tztl12f can control them and display the data.

Based on that, I don't think it's a cabling issue.

Any other ideas to try?

The TZT system and TZT2 system are completely different systems that can work together on the same network. When running a mixed system; each system must have a chart master. So you should have one TZT unit as a chart master to manage charts for all TZT units. THEN you should have one TZT2 (aka TZTL) setup as a chart master to manage charts for all the TZT2 units on your network. Can you verify that you have two chart masters "On"? one TZT and one TZT2. If you only have one system master on (say the TZT14) then the other system (TZTL12) will complain it is being neglected.

So are you saying the chart I bought for the tzt14 can't be used on the tz2?

I was under the impression that I didn't need to buy multiple copies of a chart with this furuno setup.

I have to say if that is true then it's a real disappointment.

The subject of chart license is an entirely different question/subject. You are making assumptions and causing yourself unnecessary disappointment.

When it comes to charts on a mixed system, you only need to contact Furuno support with the two system ID numbers letting us know they are on the same boat and we can join the licenses together. You will then get two unlock codes when you purchase a chart. Your dealer will provide one for your TZT units and one for the TZT2 units. Remember they are different systems but can co-exist on the same network/boat. So the one license will indeed cover your entire combined system. This license joining applies to any charts you may have already purchased. So, for example if you purchased a TZT14 last year and decided to buy a TZTL12F this year and mix your system; the chart you purchased last year will still be given a license for that same chart/version as the one you originally purchased for the TZT14. This way the units can use the same chart even though ultimately they are different systems, on the same boat network. Hopefully that makes sense.

Sorry I wasn't clear with my previous posts.

So correct me if I'm wrong but I need to contact Furuno support with both system ID's to link them together. Once that is done, do I use the existing unlock code on the linked system or do I have to request another unlock code? I bought the chart from Defender and while they have excellent customer service I'm not sure they can help me on this issue.

BTW - thanks for your help. I've been reluctant in the past to purchase additional charts for my system since I always found the process somewhat confusing. Once I made the plunge the process was quit simple. I finally made a chart purchase a month or so ago and just decided to purchase and install the tztl12 2 weeks ago and was unable to locate the information you provided.

I need to contact Furuno support with both system ID's to link them together
Correct. This "link" will stay in effect, so you only need to do this once. -

Do I use the existing unlock code on the linked system or do I have to request another unlock code?
You need a different unlock code but it can be e-mailed to you or written down during your phone call with support. You should not involve the dealer. This is a quick process done faster directly with Furuno support.

Johnny Electron":ts7625ax said:
I need to contact Furuno support with both system ID's to link them together
Correct. This "link" will stay in effect, so you only need to do this once. -

Do I use the existing unlock code on the linked system or do I have to request another unlock code?
You need a different unlock code but it can be e-mailed to you or written down during your phone call with support. You should not involve the dealer. This is a quick process done faster directly with Furuno support.

Morning Sir, should i call Furuno support for new unlock code ? thanks.

anthonyma,

You have highjacked in exiting thread. I don't know the details of your case to be able to answer your question properly. Please open a new topic and provide the details of our case and we will try to assist you.

Back