Installing charts on TZT14

G

Gyda

I´m confused regarding installing charts on my new TZT14.
I´ve downloaded charts for my local region (SDVJENM300NMAP13.dbv), and saved them on a 32GB SD card. Putting the card in the right SD card slot on the TZT14 and violà, the chart instantly showed on the plotter ☺
On a youtube video made by Furuno Video they say that the card in the right side may contend charts, sat photos and so on, so I thought I let the card with the charts be left in the card slot. Big Mistake…

The next time I started the PZT14 it went straight to a bios window : “An operating system wasn`t found. Try disconnect any drives that don`t contain an operating system. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart”
Since I didn´t have any keys to press, I had to hold down the ON/ OFF switch for 10 sec. to have the plotter turned off. Removing the SD card from the right slot, the TZT14 started as normal, but with no charts available, until I´d put the SD card in the right slot again. I´m quite sure it cant be that I have to remove the card every time I´m turning on the plotter. The problem here is that I´ve been searching the TZT14 user manual without finding any description or procedure of how to install new charts on the plotter?
Can you please advice me how to?

Charts should be put on a blank SD card; not a bootable programming chip.
The system upgrade card you are using was formatted in a special bootable format and it remains bootable even if you erase the upgrade files. Ideally, you will keep that card for doing updates and use another card for you maps. If you must reuse the chip, it must be reformatted back to original SD card format before using it for a map chip. We recommend using the free Panasonic SD card formatter program found on the internet.

Back