Trouble making bootable program card

G

Gyda

I´ve just installed my new TZ14, and was going to update the software to V5. The instructions to upgrade give information on how to make a bootable TZT program card using the TZ14. Following the instruction led through the success making of the card, but after I pressed OK after the message “Format Success” showed up, nothing happened.
I removed the card form the slot, but still nothing happened. Pressing Home button lead to nothing. I then went through the process once more remaking the card, which went ok, and for the second time the message “Format Success” showed up. I pressed OK, with the same result as the firs time.
There was no way to get out of the menu with the USB test tab. I tried all other menu alternatives, the Home button and the ON/OFF button without any success.
At the end I had no other opportunity than hold down the ON/OFF button for about 10 sek and the TZ14 shuted down. Not a very good start with a new and long sought after device…

If it says Success, you have completed the format. You hit OKAY, then SHUTDOWN button in service man to shutdown. Take the card to your PC and then install the software to it. After putting the software on the card; put it in the right slot and turn on the unit. The now bootable program card should program the unit. If you have any problems along the way please give our tech support guys a call and they would gladly talk you through it.

I´ve just updated both radar software and the TZ14 to V5. No problems ☺
What I was experience yesterday was that the making of the bootable card didn´t go as described. According to the manual; “You can now either push the OK button to exit the ServiceMan menu and return to the normal TZT screen, or you can press the Shut Down tab to turn the TZT off. I did push the OK button, but still remained in the ServiceMan menu and wasn´t able to get out of it. It wasn´t possible to turn the TZT off by pressing the ON/ OFF button. Not until I held it down for about 10 sek the TZ14 turned off.

Back