"RADAR overlay range link" not switching radar

lshick

Hello again.

New install, TZT9, TZTL12F, DRS4DNXT. On the TZTL12F when I switch chart plotter range, the RADAR range switches to match, but not on the TZT9. "RADAR overlay range link" is "on" for both displays. It doesn't seem to matter which "RADAR overlay source" I select on the TZT9.

Where should I look?

Mr. E:

TZT2 is 1950152-03.01
TZT is 1950123-04.21
If you need the s/w version of the scanner I'll need some instruction on how to get it.

Thanks. It's a joy to work with a responsive support organization.

It turns out that this is an intermittent problem. Yesterday, worked ok for 2 hours, did not work for 4 hours, worked ok for 2 hours. No settings changes made in this period. I will post again if I can associate any user action with the changes.

Sorry for the delay. I have been away.
You have the most current software in the displays. There isn't anything newer for your NXT at this point. I expect it is because you are running a mixed system. It is normally best to run all TZT or all TZT2. Those who mix between series will encounter small things from time to time until the systems develop more. We are about to release new software for the TZT2. It should be available to you in the next 15 days on our web site (under the product page). I would recommend you update your TZT2 when it comes out and then see how it works for you. If the problem still happens, please let us know.

OK, I can now reliably reproduce and cure this symptom.

Start with Chart Plotter window, radar overlay on, radar range link active, and left side "Data 1" data box visible. Now drag the plotter image off-center a small amount to the right, maybe an inch. Now try changing the scale/range. Presto! Range link is broken. Re-center the image and range link works again.

This symptom does not occur with the same scenario on my TZTL12, nor does it seem to happen with the left side data box closed.

Anyhow, now that I know how it happens, I can correct it.

Good that you found being off center prevents the function. We will report it but not sure it is possible to be the same as your other series. They are different operating systems and they will have things function different depending on the function. I doubt the finding is related to having a mixed system but you could always try updating or TZT2 to the newest software. It seems that TZT 4.21 and the new TZT 4.01 work really well together.

Back