changes after update 4.21

RihMalti

Hello,

I updaterd my tzt 14 ( version 1) to 4.21 .

I am happy with most of the changes however ;

He does not calculate my time date of arrival and distance to go anymore .
Apparently there is either an error or for some reason he does not communicate with the other instruments Garmin ( for obtaining speed through water if that is the speed he uses for calculating the rest of the voyage .
On the otherhand i have a DDS depth box of furuno coupled for the fish finder , information i shared to the garmin instruments outside and they seem not to find the depth information on the nmea 2000 anymore . IO presume some more intelligent user can point me out where i can find the settings to correct this ?

It sounds like you didn't backup and then restore your settings after you upgraded your software. When you don't restore your settings, you must go back and configure the settings by hand. You most likely forgot to turn on the needed NMEA 2000 PGN sentences need for the Garmin.

thank you very much for the advise. what is the procedure to reinstall that? under which menu trail do i find that ?

patrick

thank you very much for the advise. what is the procedure to reinstall that? under which menu trail do i find that ?

Second question what are the settings for a airmar CA500 underwater camera to be displayed on my screen? It used to work on the previous tzt14 which i got but then i got this one under guarantee and now i cant get it working .

patrick

You must have the settings backed up first to have anything to restore.
If you have a settings backup, it is restored from the same menu where you conducted the backup. (Home-Menu-FILES) One is BACKUP and the other is RESTORE.

You should verify that you have the Camera setup for the correct format you are using. ie. PAL or NTSC. (Home-Menu-CAMERAS) If it still isn't working try taking the camera to a standard monitor and see if the Camera is working properly.

"He does not calculate my time date of arrival and distance to go anymore . "

The 4.21 software has a glitch in it that does not display the time/date of arrival or distance on legs of the route when the route is activated. You can get the info on the way to your first waypoint, but no info on the individual legs. Furuno says they are aware of the problem, and I am hoping for an update to fix the issue.

If your other communications are correct, you can see the read outs on the way to WP1, even though you can't while navigating the route.

MERCY

That is correct and has been the case since the original version of software. It was noticed recently with 4.21 and Japan has been informed. Apparently all the previous versions also did that but had gone unnoticed.

Back