TZ9 Network Interface

giul59

Hi,
I just installed a new TZT9 in my cockpit that is networked to two TZT14's, Radar and sounder on the flybridge. The TZT9 worked for about a day where I could access radar and sounder. Now its not seeing network devices but I do have connection's to NMEA2000 devices and works as just a plotter. Its connected via a hub. I've tried different network cables and bypassed hub and connected directly into one of the TZt14's with no luck. I've even done a master reset one the TZT9. Is there away to test the NIC on the unit before I send it back?
Thanks
Bruno

I would try the unit downstairs using the same network cable used by on of your existing TZT14s. If it still doesn't talk on the network then there is a bent pin or something and it might need to be sent in. If it talks, then you need to investigate the power and grounding at the upper station. You also need to ensure the ENTIRE network run is using proper shield Cat 5e or Cat 6 rated cable with the metal connectors. The plastic RJ45 connectors are not acceptable.

I connected the tzt9 on the flybridge as you suggested but no luck. I set the unit in for repair.
Thanks
Bruno

Back