TZT9 Startup

Z

zundels

I am having trouble starting my TZT9. The screen will load the green line from left to right and then start the process over again. I have tried disconnecting all wires and then restarting; still get the same results. I am including a picture of the screen just before it restarts the process. I have tried leaving it on to see if it will eventually get past this point but it just repeats the process continually.

Attachments

• IMG_1689.JPG
    IMG_1689.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 2,143
It sounds like you got Nobeltec or Maxsea running on the network before powering up the TZT. If you have PC software it must not be running until after the TZT is fully booted.

I don't have any kind of PC software running, I only have a TZT14 and TZT9 and I have always just used the charts they came with. The TZT14 starts up and functions correctly, the TZT9 just keeps restarting. I have shut everything down and tried to start just the TZT9 with out the TZT14 or the 711C running and I get the same result.

I would recommend leaving the TZT14 off and trying to factory clear the TZT9. (hold the home button on power up until reset screen appears) Clear all settings and see if it will come up.

Thanks, I will try the master reset. Will I need to reload the BBWX marine zones after I clear the settings or will it still be on the TZT9?

I had a typo (now fixed).
You should leave "off" the TZT14 which is working and holding your points info. Then factory clear the TZT9.

I dont have the knowledge of Jonny, but here are my 2 Cents:

1. I often start the TZT after Maxsea, never had a Problem with booting.

2. If resetting the device doesnt help make a bootable sd Card with an actual Firmware (take the big package with the System files) and try to Flash the unit. As far as I can see it the Firmware is more or less based on Android. This Kind of bootloops occur when the file System is corrupt or a Software Service cannot be started due to a faulty file or even a Hardware defect.

Good Luck

Back