BBWX3 to TZT1

A

Anonymous

How do i tell if the TZT 1 is seeing the BBWX 3 and the BBWX 3 is operating properly? I've updated the software to 4.11, have all green lights on the BBX3 but have not activated the receiver yet. The BBWX 3 appears on the sensor list but has no ip address. if i unplug the BBWX 3 from the HUB 101 i get a lost Sirius alarm on the TZT. Thanks, Davem

The BBWX 3 appears on the sensor list but has no ip address.

This is normal.

If I unplug the BBWX 3 from the HUB 101 I get a lost Sirius alarm on the TZT.

When you disconnect the unit from the hub the TZT sees the loss of communications and that is also normal.

The current software for the TZT is 4.11 BUT if you have Sirius weather, the receiver normally ships with 4.12 software for your units. You might want to contact your distributor directly for V4.12 software.

# 1st - I updated to 4.21 just for bbwx3 as well, and it mentions to do a "master reset" after updating - is that required and why? I already ran into issues of my tzt 14 not picking up my sounder - (after much trial and error, and several reboots it picked it back up) - so just don't want more issues -

# 2 how sensitive is the bbwx3 to antenna reception? I have an Sirius Shakespeare sr25 which plays sat radio perfectly, but yet flashes green connected to the bbwx3 - it's mounted on a forward section of my second level (of 3) on my tuna tower with clear view of sky, but it does have a buggy top several feet raised and behind it - I find it hard to believe it's hurting reception when radio never has issues - thought?

Thanks!

I always recommend clearing/resetting a unit after programing. In the case where the instructions specifically say so, it is unadvisable to ignore.

The BBWX3 is should work fine with any Sirius/XM antenna that works fine for Sirius Audio. With that said, if you are splitting your antenna between the two units, you might require a proper amplifier.

I recommend contacting tech support from the boat, if you continue having problems.

Back